jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Are you just sick of FPS?

1. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

Are you just sick of FPS?

They turned Fallout into a FPS... They turned Syndicate into a FPS... Pretty soon, we're gonna play a FIFA that's a FPS...

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

Love that last statement, "Pretty soon, we're gonna play a FIFA that's a FPS..", and you're probably right. It's getting boring, and there's few systems left that you can introduce that will make a game unique. But like the space-age of Atari, or the platformer-age of Nintendo, there'll be something that wipes FPS games off the face of the Earth. Soon we'll be asking each other,

"Remember FPS games?"
    "Pfft, barely!"
    "Remember Halo and that Call of... call of honour?"
    "Lol! Let's go play some Final Fantasy 368!"

1. jackofspade profile image61
      jackofspadeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

+1 for Final fantasy 368 way better that final fantasy 365 but not has good as Final fantasy 445

3. kschang profile image91
    kschangposted 5 years ago

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are NOT FPS. They are "real-time RPG" with first-person (or 3rd person) views. They are in the same vein as Skyrim, Obliviion, or Mass Effect series. (in fact, they're from the same developers).

Syndicate is indeed an FPS.

No First-person FIFA, but there had been first-person American football... But only as quarterback where he gets the ball off (while others come at him).

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
      JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to agree, but saying Fallout 3 is not an FPS is like saying GRAW is an RPG for weapon customization. I think what Mister Blogo meant was that he's tired of seeing everything in first person ^^

4. William157 profile image75
    William157posted 5 years ago

I'm not really sick of FPS. Skyrim, Metro 2033 and Portal 2 were FPS. Just because the game's input looks a certain way doesn't mean developers can't do interesting things with it. It's like asking, "are you sick of sci-fi movies?" My answer would be "it really depends on the movie." Similarly, it depends on the game.

Companies make FPS games because they're immediately recognizable to customers and they have a better chance of selling (or so the thinking goes). When companies take a big chance making something we've never seen before (like L.A. Noir or Rayman Origins) there's a big chance they'll lose money. Companies don't like that kind of risk, which is why they'll more often take the safe bet and put their money behind Black Ops 2 or whatever.

They will stop making FPS games when they're no longer selling or something else sells better.

1. Khal Blogo profile image60
      Khal Blogoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm not refering to the genre per se, i'm just sick of classic series like Fallout and Syndicate being turned into FPS just because it's more commercial. That's what i meant...

5. GamerAinion profile image87
    GamerAinionposted 5 years ago

Can't say I do... Although, from a developer's standpoint, FPS is the easiest type of game to create in terms of AI and Game Mechanics... Also there are so many SDKs and Premade IDKs for them that alot of it is already done for you in some cases. So expect a-lot of them to come out faster than other games.

6. shushgaming profile image60
    shushgamingposted 4 years ago

As a matter of fact, I am! i'm also tired of any other genre or the platform except flash. I'm done spending endless hours /days playing MMO PRGs etc. Flash games suit me best nowdays, platform has greatly improved and flash developers spend more time and effort making more quality games than they used to. Check out Armor Games website for top flash games or http://www.scarymazeworld.com/ for prank games,. lots of fun!

7. lorenfawnhubs profile image73
    lorenfawnhubsposted 2 years ago

short answer would be YES, which is why i don't bother playing Black Ops and Crysis and Far Cry games
    however, I would definatrely play Half Life 3 or new Quake and Unreal games tongue

working