jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Have you ever played Dungeons and Dragons? Did you enjoy it?

1. JulianaDragoness profile image77
    JulianaDragonessposted 5 years ago

Have you ever played Dungeons and Dragons? Did you enjoy it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6771635_f260.jpg

2. Winterfate profile image97
    Winterfateposted 5 years ago

I have never played the pen and paper version of D&D, and always wanted to. sad

With that said, I've played a lot of the computer game renditions of D&D, and my favorite titles are Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights (the newer one from Bioware, not the really old online game).

JulianaDragonessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well I am old school of course as well my friends who have played with me since the age of 12. I have always used the paper version with groups of people role playing.  It seems to be more engaging and fun versus the online game?

3. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

I first played probably around 6th grade and then played off and on through High School. I suppose it depends a lot on the people you play with, but I always had a great time.

I have been world-building lately for a fantasy novel I have been working on and have really been missing those good old days. Late nights, Mountain Dew, junk food, and chopping up Orcs. Ahhh, good times.

I've also had a lot of fun playing D&D type video games. Baldur's Gate was a great game.

JulianaDragonessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree junkseller D&D has a lot of good memories for me.  Our group actually started a new game last month and it seems the more alcohol that comes into play the more awesome the game gets.

2. junkseller profile image86
      junksellerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We used to play with a friend's uncle who had an extensive gun and knife collection. I suspect that the inclusion of alcohol would have proven disastrous. In the absence of deadly weapons, though, I am sure it makes for quite a bit of hilarity.

4. AM Hanson profile image77
    AM Hansonposted 5 years ago

I've played D&D twice, both times with my older brother and his friends.  He's been gaming ever since high school, and he loves it.  I love it too, but I've been too spoiled by video games to ever really get into it.  I want to play a full campaign at some point, but until then I'll be liimited to playing Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights

5. Eric Mikols profile image82
    Eric Mikolsposted 5 years ago

I have, I do, and I love it. I wish I played it more but I'm only just getting others into roleplaying as it is. My first experience with the system was in the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale games, but I've since moved on to the pen and paper game. Great stuff and I can't wait to be able to play it again.

6. Ency Peterson profile image60
    Ency Petersonposted 3 years ago

I have played online versions and pen and paper.  While it is all very dependent upon whom I play with and who the DM is (for pen and paper games) as to whether or not I enjoyed it in it's entirety, I love that it happens to be a more structured way to play make believe.  Something that within my large family I was quite the outcast at because I never wanted to play with the same mindset as they did.  They wanted superheroes.  I wanted magic.  I am also extremely lucky that my husband loves playing it as well.  Now if we could just get a group together to play a campaign again...

working