jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

What is your least favourite video game console?

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

What is your least favourite video game console?

It can be for any reason really - its shape, colour scheme, cartridge versus disc, controllers, memory system, "bits" and so on.

For example, I choose the Atari 5200. It's an oversized mess that is around the size of 2 NES consoles. Plus, the pads refuse to work so you can't play any of the games. You can however use Sega Genesis (or Mega Drive if you're in the EU) controllers on it too. Which is good because it's a console that's generally broken. There was even a pad that came iwth it which was nearly as big as the console itself.

So what's your least favourite console, and why?

2. StrategyCoaching profile image84
    StrategyCoachingposted 5 years ago

You know, I will always be a fan of the Original Nintendo and the Super Nintendo - though currently my favorite is my xbox 360 - especially the kinect. Though Pong and Brick Breaker will always hold a special place in my heart, lol

JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nice to know you have a favourite, but I'm asking for the "least" favourite. Which one do you like the least?

3. thegecko profile image80
    thegeckoposted 5 years ago

I got to say, I enjoyed more games on the SNES than any other console. FFIV, FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Lufia II, Mario Kart, Mario Paint, Super Street Fighter II - so many other great titles. For it's time, one of the most reliable systems as well smile Least fav? I don't know, they've all had their merits! I will decline to comment. Every console has been great.

1. thegecko profile image80
      thegeckoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Okay, okay... my least fav... I never found anything too appealing about the original XBox. Not too many titles drew me in and it's controller felt unnecessarily bulky, as did the system itself. Actually, it looked pretty fugly to be honest.

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85

I have to agree, the XBOX does luck ugly today. Back then, I thought it was OK but still took up too much room. As for titles, you're right on that one too. Only really played Conker: Live and Reloaded and Stubbs the Zombie ^^

3. thegecko profile image80
      thegeckoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And Conker was originally a Nintendo title until Microsoft bought out Rare lol smile

4. JBrumett profile image61
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

The Sega Saturn was a pretty big waste of money since it failed not to long after launch.

I didn't know it crashed and burnt. I heard it replaced the 32X-CD accessories and did really well. However, I barely saw them and the Dreamcast came along fast here in the UK.

2. JBrumett profile image61
      JBrumettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, Saturn is the reason Sega went out of business in the console gaming market, and switched roles to a third party developer.  They lost so much money even the dreamcast couldn't make up for it.

5. iTommyGuns profile image83
    iTommyGunsposted 5 years ago

My wii does not get much use, especially compared to my xbox

6. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I think the Sega CD was the least used console I ever owned. I used it more for music CDs than I did for games. Had Sega abandoned the whole 'connect to the genesis' gimmick and opted for a stand alone CD console earlier, things might have been different. But now the unwieldy console just collects dust in my parents' basement.

7. Tonyx35 profile image60
    Tonyx35posted 5 years ago

The Original Microsoft XBOX. It took up a lot of space, I had a difficult time handling the controller, Only really played it for a handful of titles.

Too right. I also noticed that most of the games I played loaded slower than a PS1, due to it being a disc-based console. The controllers too were very controversial, and smaller ones had to be released long after ^^

working