jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What's the worst MMORPG you've ever played?

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

What's the worst MMORPG you've ever played?

Personally, I have a burning hatred for RIFT - an interesting concept but it's main feature (Rift encounters) was so poorly designed, it was buggy and got repetitive quickly. Plus it had major balancing issues and it had many F2P offerswithin a few months of release; not a good sign at all.

These MMOs don't have to be freemium or subscribed, nor do they have to be browser or installed. So tell me, what's your personal worst MMORPG? And what made it so bad?

2. MichaelJohnMele profile image73
    MichaelJohnMeleposted 5 years ago

Don't hate me...and please don't hit me...but I am not a fan of MMORPG's at all...just never did anything for me. With all that said, I guess I shouldn't really be bothering you since I have nothing to add...so I'll move along.

3. Kyricus profile image59
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

I just have to say, different strokes I guess Johnny. I love Rift. Play it often I thought the launch was smoother and much less buggy than many other MMO's I've played. I still play it regularly and am eagerly awaiting the expansion due out shortly.

Now for me, Final Fantasy 13 was the worst. I was in at closed beta, and kept at it until shortly after launch and left just before they basically scrapped the game and re-designed it from the ground up. I don't know what it's like now, but in beta and shortly thereafter, it was a Gawd-Awful buggy grind-fest.

1. Keith Engel profile image78
      Keith Engelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Think you mean 14. smile

4. Keith Engel profile image78
    Keith Engelposted 5 years ago

Warhammer Age of Reckoning without a doubt. Being able to gain access to the last bit of the close Beta before launch allowed me to cancel my pre order. The game was just rushed to launch finally and could have used a great deal of time prior to launch. Furthermore the Public Quest system wasn't as intuitive as the hyped it up to be. Furthermore the graphics were poor as was the animation.

5. leakeem profile image80
    leakeemposted 5 years ago

MU is the worst that I played but I'm not saying it's the worst MMORPG. I know there's more out there because a lot of people here got hooked on that game. I only played until level 12, I think, then stopped.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

For me it was Age of Conan. I liked the combat system, but the quest progression was terrible. Considering it came out after WoW, there was no excuse for it to leave players without quests to do. I think I got to the first major city and was suddenly cut off of things I could do. Maybe I just overlooked a path, but it was like hitting a virtual wall and I lost interest. Also, it ran like crap on my computer. At first, I thought I just had a machine that was too old, but it runs the Old Republic like a pro and that game is much newer.

7. JBrumett profile image60
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

Perfect World is the worst MMO, and Turbine (Lord of the Rings, DnD Online) is the worst customer service for an MMO.