jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever used a game guide?

1. Digitskyes profile image75
    Digitskyesposted 5 years ago

Have you ever used a game guide?

And how useful was it? what was your experience of using one.

2. Tonyx35 profile image61
    Tonyx35posted 5 years ago

I have purchased/used a Brady Games strategy guides before. The Game was Star Ocean III: Till The End of Time. It was quite useful.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I've never used a physical guide, but gamefaqs.com was one of my favorite resources. Mostly I used it after completing a game, in order to earn all the unlockables, but every once and a while, a game would become so difficult or frustrating that it wasn't fun anymore, and then I would concede and look up the walk through. I've always thought of them as aids, rather than guides. I could never understand the people who bought the strategy guide with the game. Where is the fun if you're just following a map the whole way?

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
      JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think that's a good point, but many people would also go on the internet and follow walkthroughs step by step. I think that too is a shame to see in modern gaming. However most games don't need a guide, and exist only to make a quick buck ^^

4. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

Very rarely do I use them, but I like to collect them depending on how much cash I've got to spend. The World of Warcraft: Cataclysm guide has helped me a bit, and it's good reading material. But I could do with more lore in it to help me ^^

5. mmostrategy profile image62
    mmostrategyposted 5 years ago

i always use guides, but not the ones you buy in the store, they get outdated before you even buy them.  the best guides are the one that get updated constantly, because we all know games get patches, dlc, expansions all the time now.