jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has a hobby ever come close to ruining you?

1. Volitans profile image82
    Volitansposted 5 years ago

Has a hobby ever come close to ruining you?

When I was in college, a friend introduced me to Go, an Asian strategy game. I soon became obsessed with the game and started missing classes because I was playing Go. Until I finally managed to get my obsession under control, I was at risk of failing college. Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I used to skip lessons of college just to play Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes and World of Warcraft.

Financially though, it's Warhammer figures because they're so expensive. Add to the tools needed like the clippy things and the brushes and paints and glue and spray paint. Army books, novels, terrain, scenery, counters, die, bases, rulers and calculators. You can't play Warhammer without spending over £100, that's a fact.

3. profile image51
    Giddy Geezerposted 5 years ago

Scrapbooking has put me close to financial ruin a few times!LOL  Seriously, gaming can become an obsession and can also be life threatening under certain circumstances. There have been reports of gamers dying after marathon sessions of gaming due to blood clots (DVT) after sitting in the same position for hours and hours. Many gamers have also suffered severe dehydration during marathon gaming. Thank God you were able to recognize your problem and get it under control before it totally ruined your life!

4. cactusbythesea profile image88
    cactusbytheseaposted 5 years ago

I didn't discover the "Harry Potter" books until I was in college.  I started reading them right as finals week began one semester.  I read through the books so fast that it was about all I did for a few days.  It was almost disastrous to my grades, but somehow I managed to do fine.