jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have an odd hobby?

1. milleramanda53 profile image79
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

Do you have an odd hobby?

2. galleryofgrace profile image82
    galleryofgraceposted 5 years ago

One of mine is slightly different. I purchase plastic cowboys and Indians  at stores or yard sales, etc. I paint the Indians in authentic colors and glue them on assorted size rnatural rocks to create scenes depicting Native American Indian  life and actions. Sometimes I paint certain areas of the rock such as to make it look like water. The cowboys are saved until I have enough to donate or put in a yard sale.
    Most stores only carry military figures so I have hunt for them sometimes but I found  a source online.
    I just know all you crafters are going to try this one so have fun.

1. bankscottage profile image96
      bankscottageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is pretty interesting.  It is different, but I don't think it is odd.

3. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

My friends that know me well think it is a little odd that I do income taxes as a "hobby" (not my main source of income).  I suspect they would also find my writing on HubPages a little odd to them also :-)  But, maybe they would enjoy it also if they gave it a try (just like my son who now writes on HPs).

4. Sarah Christina profile image83
    Sarah Christinaposted 5 years ago

I collect pretty scarves (not the kind you wear for winter but the fashionable kind) but I very rarely actually ever use them or wear them. I don't even display them or hang them, the usually end up stuffed away in a closet or a drawer for me to admire once and a while...which most people would probably find odd.