Can anybody help me with a Guild Wars 2 issue? Crashing...

1. Tonyx35 profile image60
    Tonyx35posted 5 years ago

Can anybody help me with a Guild Wars 2 issue? Crashing...

I trying to figure out why Guild Wars 2 keeps on crashing on my friend. "They" say that after 1 hour of gaming, the game crashes to a black screen. The MMO client is up to date, sound drivers up to date. The game's visual settings are mostly on Medium (some high.)   

System Specs are:
    Intel Core 2 Quad @2.66 Ghz
    4 GB DDR2 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 275
    Forceware drivers 301.42
    Windows Vista 32-bit
    Creative X-fi Xtreme Gamer
    Great deal of free HDD space.

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I'm afraid it's nothing to do with your specs but most likely your ports. You have to get a degree in rocket science to learn how to do it, and if you're in the UK you practically can't get it to work.

Apparently it was fine in BETA but it wasn't ironed out. I'm afraid you'll have to leave it for maybe 2-3 weeks before it becomes playable. Check out the Curse forums with the GW2 Gurus, they'll be able to help. And look for a software called "Gameadvisor", it'll give you error reports and see if any software/hardware is preventing it from running.

Hope this helps.

3. Tonyx35 profile image60
    Tonyx35posted 5 years ago

@JohnGreasyGamer  This info  was indeed very helpful. I'm personally not into mmorpg games, so I don't know where to look around for this stuff.  I'll go check out those community sites and that Gameadvisor utility. Thanks again.

working