Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft(with the new DLC)?

1. dannyhodge profile image77
    dannyhodgeposted 5 years ago

Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft(with the new DLC)?

In my opinion, Guild Wars 2 looks so much better than World of Warcraft, in terms of graphics, the quest system, and especially the server vs server battles I have seen on Youtube (Yogscast).
    But what confuses me is that Guild Wars 2 is much cheaper too, so surely this should be an end to World of Warcrafts massive reign over the market of MMORPS'?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

From what I've heard, GW2 is going to hit the nail on the head in terms of revolution. It's going to completely change the MMO system (thank ) hopefully. Yes, you could argue that WoW is going to be the last traditional MMO. Yes, you could say that it won't die so quickly. But GW2 will change it, and Blizzard Entertainment will be cripped greatly.

But why settle for one? GW2 is going to be a one-month payment MMO from what we know. This means that you can still juggle between that and another MMO, such as WoW.

The DLC for World of Warcraft has been long awaited and I personally am looking forward to it. Though it's not going to change the soul of WoW, or any MMORPG for that matter. It will still cost £8.99 per month, but that won't stop me from playing GW2.

TL;DR - Why choose? GW2 doesn't have a monthly fee, so you can enjoy the best of both ^^

3. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I think the biggest threat to WoW is its age, not necessarily a new contender. Remember when everyone was saying that the Old Republic was the next big thing to hit MMOs? And now look at it; people are complaining up and down and bailing ship to return to WoW. Part of the reason is because WoW has so much more content. We've all been lured into this idea of what MMOs should be, and we've forgotten what they are at launch. Comparing WoW to TOR or GW2 isn't really fair because it's a much older game and has three expansions under its belt. It's going to knock out the competition based on volume of content alone. I think there are a lot of new innovations in the market that WoW hasn't tapped into yet, and may never tap into, but until a game can overcome the launch slump to become something more, I don't see any game, other than Blizzard's own project Titan, taking WoW off its throne.

working