What do you think about DC Universe Online?

1. Mr.NGR profile image60
    Mr.NGRposted 5 years ago

What do you think about DC Universe Online?

Does the cap on funds on a free account bother you? How about the actual game play?

2. Dallas Matier profile image85
    Dallas Matierposted 5 years ago

It was fun for a while - but, it's light on story, and it feels like there really isn't all that much to do. When I started, I created a handful of different characters, but I feel like I've seen most of what there is to see on the Hero side with my first Hero character, so I dumped the others. And, the same with the Villain side.

At the moment, I have one Hero character in the process of grinding through end-game content for higher level gear... which got really dull really fast. And, another Villain character who I lost interest in half-way through the leveling process.

I've barely touched any of the DLC content (although, I bought them all back when I was still enthusiastic about the game), but there's so much grinding to do to get my character's challenge rating up to the requirement that I haven't really bothered for a while. I haven't even logged in for a month or so, now.

I suppose it's just not the ideal MMORPG for me. I've been spoiled by Star Wars: The Old Republic and The Secret World. The game-play itself is fun, but I need more story content to hold my interest.

And, yeah... the cap on money is annoying. Even with the increased cap for Premium status, it's not enough.

3. sm825 profile image61
    sm825posted 5 years ago

I would say it is a good game, I probably would have played more but I am more into Path of Exile due to people not being able to buy content or buy their way to the top. That is the main reason I do not pay DC online, even though I enjoyed the time I did play.

working