jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Know of a good video game news website?

1. davidlivermore profile image99
    davidlivermoreposted 4 years ago

Know of a good video game news website?

I have been a Gamespot fan for years, but they are getting so video heavy.  I prefer words and pictures over video.  So I am looking to switch to another website.  IGN has some video stuff as well, but they cover too much the gaming doesn't feel as refined.

Anyone have a good video game news website they could recommend?

2. toptendeals profile image82
    toptendealsposted 4 years ago

Well I would recommend IGN as the best.  But some other good ones are Metacritic, Giantbomb, and Gametrailers.

3. Souther29 profile image80
    Souther29posted 4 years ago

I couldn't agree with you more regarding the overuse of videos. I'm old school and prefer text based articles. Some sites I regularly use besides IGN and Gamespot.

Eurogamer- Sometimes has a European slant with regards to release dates etc but the articles are good and always something interesting to read.

N4G- This basically highlights top news of the day across various gaming sources and you can immediately see which ones are the most popular by rating next to them.

Kotaku- Slight Japanese focused in terms of pop culture but interesting as info on gaming, anime and weird and wonderful happenings in Japan. Good for hearing about games being localised and was where I first heard about and imported Demon Souks and Yakuza localizations.

VG247- Similar to N4G but often has different news articles... Worth a look too.

4. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

What TopTenDeals said, IGN is a great one. I don't like Gamespot because they fired a guy for giving Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Dinner a 6.5 out of 10, and that just isn't on. Said truthful critic went on to make Giantbomb so if it's honest reviews you want there's a good place to go.

If it's video you're looking for (though I know you said you're not too content on it, much like myself), the Angry Joe Show is great.

And if it's MMOs you want news on, MMO Champion is great, especially for WoW. Not MMORPG.com because they've not the foggiest what the difference between an MOBA and an MMORPG is, so don't bother there.

1. toptendeals profile image82
      toptendealsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thumbs up on MMO Champion.

5. cebutouristspot profile image74
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

Well I can only say is two thumbs up for IGN.  They simply the best right now in my opinion

6. stestifie profile image76
    stestifieposted 4 years ago

I was just going to answer this question with, "Have you seen YouTube?" Buuuuuuut, I think you covered this. wink

7. ANDR01D profile image94
    ANDR01Dposted 4 years ago

I liked BigDownload in the past because it covered PC Games. It was the sister site of Joystiq, which is probably one of the sites that I used to visit frequently. I don't really have a favourite. I just check Gamenewshq and whatever catches my eye, I go to, no matter what the site is.

8. nooch01 profile image75
    nooch01posted 4 years ago

I would definitely go to IGN as they're bigger than Gamespot anyway so you will most likely get more variety and a more balanced view. Granted they do go overboard on the scores on some of their games but this is just an opinion and occurrences are few and far between.

9. profile image0
    aquinbyposted 4 years ago

My husband loves Kotaku.  I haven't checked it out myself, but every day when we get home, he's usually on it.

1. davidlivermore profile image99
      davidlivermoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Never thought about Kotaku, I'll give it a try, thanks.

10. Richard Brush profile image61
    Richard Brushposted 4 years ago

I am also guilty of relying on YouTube, but I think IGN does pretty decent work with articles.