jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are your thoughts on sending belated postcards?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image88
    oceansnsunsetsposted 4 years ago

What are your thoughts on sending belated postcards?

I know I cannot be the only one that has good intentions to send post cards on a trip, only to run out of time or postage, or some combination of those and other reasons.  So, the thought occurred to me, can we send them a bit late?  Is it a case of where it is better late than never to send a post card?  Sure, it loses some of its novelty, postmark, etc.  Still, wouldn't you rather receive one late, than never?  I would!  Curious your thoughts, even if and maybe especially if you think it is a stupid idea.  Thanks!

2. Crissylite profile image76
    Crissyliteposted 4 years ago

It's better to receive a post card late then to not get one at all. At least I know the person thought of me. Either way, sending a post card is a nice gesture.

3. ThelmaC profile image97
    ThelmaCposted 4 years ago

I agree that sending a post card is a very nice gesture.  I say go ahead and send it when you get home.  Just don't send it months afterward!  lol

4. Stephanie Henkel profile image96
    Stephanie Henkelposted 4 years ago

This was a very timely question for me as I just got back from a trip with my postcards written, addressed and stamped, but with not enough postage to mail. So I added the correct postage and mailed them from home. I think it depends on where the postcards are going. If I had postcards for my neighbors or local friends, I wouldn't have sent them from home. But mine were going to grandkids and relatives in other states, and I knew they would still be appreciated.  Obviously, it would have been nice to have the postmark of the state they represented, but they didn't.

working