jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Xbox or Playstation

1. Alex Brockie profile image85
    Alex Brockieposted 4 years ago

Xbox or Playstation

Which console do you think is better, the Xbox 360 or the Playstation 3?

2. cfin profile image81
    cfinposted 4 years ago

The PS3 games catalog was a disappointment. All just FPS. The ps1 and ps2 were far superior though to the xbox game library wise. I am hoping for more fun games on ps4, maybe some strategy games like civilization too.

I think the real question is, which console has better games.

3. profile image0
    Kommadantposted 4 years ago

I think the PS3 console is better. I think that the games for the 360 are better in general.

4. Wakerra profile image77
    Wakerraposted 4 years ago

Depends on your interest in game library.  Me, personally, I'm a Nintendo fan.  Microsoft and Sony stations appeal more to the gory 1st person shooters or sports/racing games, while their "kid friendly" games are just...lacking.  I did enjoy Little Big Planet, (even if it's storyline SUCKED beyond all description) it was creative, challenging, fun, and wasn't full of gore.  But to buy a PS3 just for those games isn't worth it to me.  PS2 has a broader library to my interest than PS3.  Its why I stick with Nintendo, they can keep a creative and enjoyable game that's challenging and can be played time and time again without any need for gore.

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Although the 360 was my first out of the two, therefore in theory I should have great memories of it, I don't. The PS3 wins for me simply because it has more games that apply to me and has many more exclusive titles that I want to play. Franchises on the Xbox are limited and easily forgettable whereas the PS3, in my three months of owning it, has given me more joy than the several years I've had the 360.

Neither console is the best, but some innovations and specs are greater than each other. In the end they're both good and have contributed a lot to the evolution and devolution of video gaming.

1. Alex Brockie profile image85
      Alex Brockieposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree with the neither is the best and at the end of the day it comes down to personal preferance, but I don't think that Franchises on the Xbox are easily forgettable (Halo, Gears of War and Forza Motorsports to name just a few)

6. EdSaterstad profile image96
    EdSaterstadposted 4 years ago

Xbox. I main play the Zombie Mode for Call of Duty. Xbox gets the new maps a month earlier than Playstation.

I am having a little difficulty decided on the next generation, I am not sure if I like an Xbox that is always listening to me.

7. Tygher41 profile image81
    Tygher41posted 4 years ago

I like both consoles equally, but Halo keeps me primarily playing on an XBOX.

working