jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think Origins will end the Call of Duty Zombies Story?

1. EdSaterstad profile image94
    EdSaterstadposted 4 years ago

Do you think Origins will end the Call of Duty Zombies Story?

It is where it all began, but many players think the Zombie Story will end after this map. I think it will set the stage for an expanded Zombie Story. I was curious what other players thought.

2. Johnrr631992 profile image88
    Johnrr631992posted 4 years ago

Love the question.. I have already done some analyzing of the video, and cannot wait to start publishing content, and Youtube videos on Tuesday.. In my opinion I think this will explain why the and how the zombies started (I know we know for the most part) But when Samantha comes into the intro video at the end and says she will explain how it all started, i think that is exactly what is going to happen. I am also excited to do the last of the Black Ops 2 Easter Eggs for zombies, and wish Treyarch would make a zombies only game somehow.. I have high hopes for this last map, and while I wasn't the biggest fan of Buried, I still think origins will be a good one. I also believe that zombies will continue.. Even if it goes to the new characters we have seen on maps like Mob of the Dead, or Tranzit, or Nuketown Zombies.. I believe Zombies will always live on because at this point, that is what is their main selling point on Treyarchs version of Call of Duty.

3. Alex Brockie profile image82
    Alex Brockieposted 4 years ago

I hope it isn't because I love the Zombies game, it's half the reason why I play Call of Duty

4. HolidayGiftIdea profile image60
    HolidayGiftIdeaposted 4 years ago

I agree and think it will expand the Zombie story. It's too amazing to just end.

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

I never knew there was a story but I suppose they had to shoehorn it in at some point. This "zombies" mode is the only thing the series has that holds it together, and without it you're left with a generic shooter that can't stand on its own two feet. Having said that though, it's unlikely going to be the end because it's just too much of an earner - are the publishers really going to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs? It's a good marketing choice considering how stale it has become, to make players desperately want this 'final' map and appreciate it, only to find it really isn't the last ever zombie map.

6. profile image50
    WickedxWillposted 4 years ago

Of course not. Treyarch knows that zombies are the money maker so they will not eliminate it. It will get crazier and crazier, but the only way it will end is if Call Of Duty goes back to Infinity Ward.

As for the storyline, there has always been one. Since Der Reise as far as I know. Its actually a pretty complicated storyline as well. Richtofen betraying Maxis, Samantha getting trapped in the Aether, but retaining control of the zombies, Richtofen switching bodies with Samantha to gain power over the zombies, its a long and well thought story.