In your opinion in Skyrim, what is the best "guild" quest line, and why???

1. RPGDude77 profile image61
    RPGDude77posted 10 years ago

In your opinion in Skyrim, what is the best "guild" quest line, and why???

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image77
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 10 years ago

All of them are pretty bad and could've taken advantage of the whole "stamped out" condition that they're in. However I'm particularly fond of the Thieves' Guild, which doesn't look like such a poorly organised operation, but instead a large and serious task force of thieves and robbers. They're almost like the Assassins of the AC games, or some kind of mafia of Skyrim.

The Companions could've been so much more than what it was, but it failed to do what Oblivion did: tie together both generic kill quests and a really rewarding and emotional story. The Companions fail to bring memorable characters to the table, and the whole werewolf thing was so out of place, I don't know where to begin.

The College of Winterhold was really good though, as it felt like a place of learning, but didn't look it. This is in stark contrast to the Arcane University where it lacked the whole student-tutor feel, and here it did feel like a great tutorial for magic users who want to advance. Sadly most of it was forgettable and didn't know what was going on or why for the most part. Heck, I couldn't even take books willy-nilly from the library despite being the owner.

The Dark Brotherhood disgusted me. The cast was near perfect but the assassinations were few and they acted so weak. The Black Hand organisation in Oblivion was proud and careful, but I suppose when most of your hovels have been found and you're the only one to remain, it's natural to be scared. The world's greatest assassins brought down to lowly rats. I don't know whether to pity the Dark Brotherhood or spit on the writers for that plot.

I can't think of anything positive to say about Dawnguard. But as I'm enjoying Skyrim on a new character (thanks to your questions! ^^), I might just return there later.

The only factions I've yet to try now are the Bard's College and the Empire questline, the latter won't benefit me just yet as I'm in a light armoured character, and their quest rewards are swords and heavy enchanted kit.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)