I'm going to review a fighting game, but what should I talk about?

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

I'm going to review a fighting game, but what should I talk about?

I've very little experience with fighting games such as Tekken or Dead or Alive (the latter I'm reviewing on the PS1), so I don't know how much there is to talk about? Can you name as many features about Dead or Alive as possible? Because this is for YouTube I'm aiming for at least 5 minutes worth of review, whereas if this were a written review I wouldn't need to worry about getting everything right in the first upload nor would there be any issues with length. Thanks to any DOA or fighting game fans out there who can help!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8615563_f260.jpg

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

Balance is a big concern with fighting games. If there is one character that is more powerful than the others, it really makes for unfair match ups. I remember hearing that Meta Knight (from Smash Bros Brawl) was disallowed in tournament play because he was too overpowered. But, if I was personally reading a fighting game review, I would be more concerned with things like unlockables, art style and replay value.

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
      JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Righty dokey! Thanks for your help! I've seen an IGN review talking about these things in small details, so I should be able to find them myself in my upcoming review! Again, you've been a big help ^^

working