jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

If you could sit and talk to anyone alive or from the past, who would it be and

1. SEXYLADYDEE profile image71
    SEXYLADYDEEposted 5 years ago

If you could sit and talk to anyone alive or from the past, who would it be and what would you ask?

The three people I would love to speak to are Harriet Tubman, Martin Luthor King and Nelson Mandela. I would ask them all the same things. Where did you get the courage and fortitude from?

2. kschimmel profile image47
    kschimmelposted 5 years ago

I would want to talk to my great-grandmother Bush.  She raised more children than I did and I know she'd be full of wisdom.

SEXYLADYDEEposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My great grandmother watched me when I was very young. After she passed I learned she had 16 children. 4 in each of her 4 marriages, remarrying after the death of each husband. I can think of so many things to talk to her about like her strength.

3. safiq ali patel profile image74
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

Here here. I like the people you would speak to. I'd like to speak to Mahatma Gandhi and I would ask How does one leverage political and cultural change where it is most needed. I'd ask him how he'd meet those tasks of feeding, clothing and calming the world.

Wonderful addition to my list.

4. Any Other Voice profile image60
    Any Other Voiceposted 5 years ago

I would love to talk to Charles Darwin to see what he really thought about evolution as opposed to listening to quotes and ideas taken out of context.

5. Weekend Reader profile image84
    Weekend Readerposted 5 years ago

On long drives or boring commutes, I chat with either Thomas Jefferson or Benjamin Franklin.
    I find myself explaining the world that's developed in the last two hundred years, and sometimes apologizing for the way the country's evolved. I have trouble explaining automobiles and computers, even though Franklin is delighted with how his electricity turned out.
    Doesn't everyone do this kind of thing?

6. getitrite profile image78
    getitriteposted 5 years ago

Michael Jackson.  I would ask him to tell me his side of the story.  I would like to know why he had his skin lightened, and his nose done...and why he was sexually ambivalent...and why he really hung out with children.

Interesting. As a woman of color it hurt me deeply to see how truly as such a brilliant talent, his self hatred was no less terrible than a young girl who cuts herself. I would ask him about the process he went thru for extraordinary music.

working