jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Where do you buy your video games?

1. ilikegames profile image78
    ilikegamesposted 4 years ago

Where do you buy your video games?

With so many online and brick and mortar retailers where are you currently buying video games?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I generally get mine from Gamestop or Amazon. Gamestop has better deals on used games, but Amazon has better deals on new games. But I do enjoy browsing non-chain used game stores. There just aren't a huge amount of them around me.

3. cactusbythesea profile image87
    cactusbytheseaposted 4 years ago

Lately I've been buying games for my 3DS from Nintendo's eShop.  It's nice to have a bunch of games on hand without having to carry cartridges around.

4. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Mostly from Amazon.co.uk, or failing that online. I don't go out much and oftentimes when I do the games I want aren't in stock, so it's nice to see from the convenience of my sofa and order them to my house. However the downside is that I have to wait two or three days for them to get here, but that's the price you have to pay. Not including delivery.

GAME is my favourite retailer but only because it's competitor, Gamestation, was bought out by the former. Shame because the guys at Gamestation were always friendly and they'd never let me down with customer support. GAME on the other hand don't always manage to help me and some of their prices can be outrageous. But they kinda have the upper hand considering they're the only big game retailer in England.

1. brutishspoon profile image68
      brutishspoonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Grainger Games is becoming a big rival for GAME in the UK.

5. Dreamhowl profile image97
    Dreamhowlposted 4 years ago

I think the last physical place I bought a game was BestBuy; I got a discounted copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I purchase the WoW expansions online and bought Minecraft online.

6. brutishspoon profile image68
    brutishspoonposted 4 years ago

Grainger Games. It is a UK retailer that sells new and pre-owned games. It has shops and an Online store. I prefer going into a shop and buying the game as I've had problems with Online shops in the past. When I buy Online now I buy direct off the XBox as I have a 360G HDD fitted to my 360.

Where I live we have lots of little used games shops and I always like to take a good look through them. It is the little shops I use when looking for PS2 and even old Spectrum games. Yes I own a working ZX +2.

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
      JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's the name of the retailer I was looking for! I'm going to town today so I might take a look at these guys! ^^

7. video gamer 2000 profile image60
    video gamer 2000posted 4 years ago

i normal go to many websites and look around for a reasonable price website, does not have to be the cheapest but must have good customer service.