jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (22 posts)

Where are my video game hubbers?

1. ForLoveofCupcakes profile image87
    ForLoveofCupcakesposted 3 years ago

Where are my video game hubbers?

Raise your hand if you write hub pages about video games!  I want to come follow you!  And I'm also wondering if there is a community here who loves retro / vintage video games, in particular: the first two or three consoles of Super Mario games…?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11916723_f260.jpg

2. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

The only  retro series i have any large amount of interest in is Zelda, and retro to me means N64 since that is where i started

ForLoveofCupcakesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow you must be young!  I consider everything *before* N64 to be retro!  ;-)

2. blargablarga profile image78
      blargablargaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

AAaaaw, you're so little.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I have a few video game hubs, the two most popular of which are Minecraft for beginners and leveling alts in WoW. I like retro games, but I've always sucked at them. It wasn't until they started introducing the save feature that I was able to start making actual progress.

I *Love* Minecraft and I used to play WoW all the time (I even have one (really dumb) hub about WoW), but not anymore.  Retro games are my favorite, but they all had save features.  So maybe our definitions of "retro" are different.  smile

4. satomko profile image93
    satomkoposted 3 years ago

I've got a few game hubs.  I haven't written about a lot of "retro" games possibly because I remember playing them when they were "new," and it makes me feel old to think of them as "retro."  You may want to check out fellow hubbers nitomko, JohnGreasyGamer and LudoLogic.

Hey I remember playing those games when they were new too, haha.  I was pretty young though.  But those "retro" games are my favorite!!

5. Alex Adelman profile image77
    Alex Adelmanposted 3 years ago

Read "Ready Player One" if you really like 80's video games. The main character name drops that stuff nonstop.

Great thanks!

2. satomko profile image93
      satomkoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but mostly for PC style gaming and early arcade games.  Console games mostly get left out in the cold.

3. Alex Adelman profile image77
      Alex Adelmanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yeah Satomko, I didn't understand why he rarely mentions some of the biggest hits like the Mario Bros series or Duck Hunt or Double Dragon. Maybe they're too mainstream to name drop.

6. SimilarSam profile image77
    SimilarSamposted 3 years ago

I write predominately about video games, nothing retro though unfortunately!

That's ok SimilarSam! I like new games too!! Minecraft is one of my favorites! I'm really looking forward to reading your 72 best cool and fun things to do in Minecraft! I've pinned it for later. smile following you now!

7. profile image0
    Kingslayercrowposted 3 years ago

Im new to Hubpages, but i mainly write about retro games, new games, and technology. I love the classics like Donkey Kong Country, Megaman X, and Zelda.

8. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 3 years ago

I write video game reviews, mostly on the lastest releases, though on ocassion I will create retrospective piece on classic video games of my childhood. I love older games, and I take my video game collecting seriously, though I dedicate my YouTube channel to older PS1 game reviews and playthroughs. ^^

9. girlgamers profile image60
    girlgamersposted 3 years ago

I wrote a few hubs about video games, but haven't really been able to play anything lately, so I haven't written anything new on games.  Thinking about writing some for Borderlands:TPS, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5, and possibly Destiny, but I haven't played any retro games since I was a kid, so I don't think I would be the best suited for it.

10. blargablarga profile image78
    blargablargaposted 3 years ago

Weird.  I just recently started writing and the majority of my hubs are retro game reviews.  Just because that's the easiest thing for me to sit down and type out without having to do any research.  I haven't done any on Mario specifically, because I thought that someone else would have surely saturated the hubmarket, but I have one on Wario's Woods you might like.

11. Niko Linni profile image88
    Niko Linniposted 3 years ago

I feel like I'm late to the party on this (what else is new), but I do video games. I bounce around a lot though (or at least I imagine I might) from old to new. I have two specific hubs that focus on retro games though: the self explanatory Retro Revisits, and the Arcade Appreciation series.

12. ForLoveofCupcakes profile image87
    ForLoveofCupcakesposted 3 years ago

Not late, right on time, Niko!  I bounce back and forth too!  smile

13. Phasmatis profile image84
    Phasmatisposted 3 years ago

I've wrote a few articles, but they don't tend to get a ton of views so I don't write them often, but when I do they are decent quality articles with well informed information and pictures.

14. profile image0
    Jacobb9205posted 2 years ago

I write some hubs about articles such as my "What is 9Dragons" hub and "What is Entropia Universe" hub.

working