jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Do you buy toys for your kids or..

1. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

Do you buy toys for your kids or..

Do you get toys for free from niece, nephews or maybe fast food restaurants? I get free toys from mcd, kfc and cereal box, I don't buy any toys for my kids

2. freecampingaussie profile image63
    freecampingaussieposted 3 years ago

My children are older now but I used to enjoy buying toys for my daughters. We couldn't afford a lot however we loved buying things for them !

peachpurpleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is so sweet, your kids must be very happy with simple toys

2. freecampingaussie profile image63
      freecampingaussieposted 3 years agoin reply to this

They were not always simple toys. We bought educational toys,Jigsaw puzzles etc to get their minds working !

3. peachpurple profile image81

oh yes, jigsaw puzzles are great for kids mind. Good move

3. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12100693_f260.jpg

Yes indeed, although now I buy certain toys for my grandsons. Keep in mind, toys are early learning tools and can also act as a catalyst for child development.  That is why Kindergarten should always be play-center oriented (i. e. toy-play)...

My parents never buy toys for my kids, neithet did my in laws, i think chinese people think toys aren't important

2. connorj profile image75
      connorjposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, I did not know that. It makes me contemplate the possible outcomes or effects later in life...

4. Tashae Moore profile image59
    Tashae Mooreposted 3 years ago

That's funny you asked that question because I currently don't have any kids but my fiancé is working on that. But to further answer your question when I do have children we may or may not get any toys for free. I would rather buy the toys myself so they will know it's from their mother.

thanks for yr comments, when you have kids 2-3 in a row, you will know that money is being spend

5. Susan Guinn profile image75
    Susan Guinnposted 3 years ago

I do not have young ones, most my Neices and Nephews are grown now. I only buy for my Immediate family. My son is 32.  Yikes...I am telling my age.  But yes have always bought toys for my son as a child. But now as they get older they are more expensive.  He works with his hands, Does remodels so his toys are his tools...LOL!

that is cool, some young adults do play toys, the adult fixing airplanes, robots toys to increase their motor skills.

6. Joyfulcrown profile image77
    Joyfulcrownposted 3 years ago

I have friends give me free toys from fast food restaurants but not for my kids.  My family sponsors a small school in Asia.  We send the toys and other items to the school.

1. Susan Guinn profile image75
      Susan Guinnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So is this common to the Asian community? You were not given gifts as a child? Nothing for birthday's or Christmas? Jesus was given gifts...There is a scripture in Luke about us giving good gifts to your children, it must be common to many cultures.

working