jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have video games gone overboard with achievements?

1. Sarah Anderson profile image69
    Sarah Andersonposted 3 years ago

Have video games gone overboard with achievements?

Replay value is one thing, but some people just get obsessed to the point of ignoring everything else.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I only ever go for achievements if they unlock something. Otherwise, I see no point in working to get a small badge that most people will never see. They're a nice feature, but in my opinion, they don't add much to the game.

3. Justin Peele profile image69
    Justin Peeleposted 3 years ago

Oh absolutely they do.  At first there were mostly achievements for completing the missions/story but now with multiplayer and other game modes plus DLC content it’s gone too far.  I played Call of Duty Ghosts for almost six months and I only ever got a little over half of the achievements.  I’ve played the last two Assassins Creeds and barely hit 75% of the achievements.  They want you to play more and more but honestly there is no real reward for gaining achievements.  If you could buy things with the achievements you won such as avatar customization or even movie rentals or music.

4. tommylop profile image84
    tommylopposted 3 years ago

Yes just a little bit, when I unlock something just for watching Hulu on my xbox we do have problems.

working