jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What, in your opinion, is best or most complete open world in video games?

1. jilubit profile image60
    jilubitposted 2 years ago

What, in your opinion, is best or most complete open world in video games?

I'm not even talking about the gameplay, story, or whatever. Just simply, which sandbox/open world has the best environment. Ocarina of Time was the first game I played that really felt open. And more recent games, GTA, Far Cry, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Borderlands, all have this wide open space to roam. Which is your favorite?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12235623_f260.jpg

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I would have to go with Skyrim (and by extension, Cyrodiil from Oblivion). One of the coolest things about the elder scrolls games is just how much of your environment you can interact with. There could be a nice dinner setting, complete with plates, food, and mugs, and you can pick up everything and either keep it, or just throw it across the room. It definitely lends itself to being a real world, rather than a video game one. However, I would say there is probably more to do in GTA 5's Los Santos. The sheer volume of locations and activities is kind of mind boggling.

3. Ashley Whiteway profile image60
    Ashley Whitewayposted 2 years ago

It really does depend on your personal preferences. I myself am a huge fan of Rockstar Games, in particular Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption. But I would also have to admit Skyrim is a fantastic and diverse world. Hard one their are so many.

I have a new hub coming out soon about the 15 best coming in 2015, stay  tuned!

4. Jeremy Gill profile image96
    Jeremy Gillposted 2 years ago

Hmm, there's a lot of great worlds, but I'd select Fallout 3. The absolutely massive open-world setting gives you so much freedom and exploration. The variety of encounters, towns, characters, and enemies you stumble upon help it feel like each part of the environment was handmade, rather than repeated textures and npcs. For a more realistic experience, Grand Theft Auto 5 would be my selection.

5. ChadCrouch profile image71
    ChadCrouchposted 16 months ago

Well I would go for GTA San Andreas and maybe The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt but my first choice is GTA though.

working