jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is the best way to sell old video games?

1. innersmiff profile image73
    innersmiffposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to sell old video games?

There seems to be a lot of options open to me but I'm wary of being ripped off. What is the best way of selling video games? On musicMagpie.co.uk I can sell 22 Xbox 360 games for around £40, and on Cex, I can sell them for a little more than that. Is that the best way to go or will selling them individually on eBay be better?

2. SOE profile image90
    SOEposted 6 years ago

You can sell them on eBay but make sure you use tracking information on all your shipments to prevent scamming as much as possible, although people may still screw with you over their orders or attempt to. Familiarizing yourself with both eBay and Paypal's policies can also be a very useful idea when selling there to know what options you have available. Even when people seem like they are about to pull off messing up one of your orders and getting away with it, they typically trip themselves up by breaking a rule in the process which allows you to regain control of said situation, such as threatening you with negative feedback if you don't do X.

Other options include trading them in to Gamestop or Goozex which can be done through their respective websites, although you will end up making less. Some games are accepted for trade in through Amazon as well.

3. LegendaryN8 profile image58
    LegendaryN8posted 6 years ago

If you don't want to wait for an online auction, there is probably a store that will buy them off of you for a (reduced) price.  Generally, these stores are privately owned by gaming aficionados.

I wanted to sell off over 100 used games, and I knew that you couldn't really sell old titles to a mainstream gaming store.  So, I searched the web for places like comic book stores and gaming stores.  I found a place about eight miles from my house that was willing to buy the entire stock!

You can potentially make more money putting it up for auction online, but it will take longer to do.

4. fireatwill41 profile image73
    fireatwill41posted 6 years ago

Amazon gives excellent prices for used games (highest I have ever seen for used games). You get a fair price, especially if the game is new. Amazon pays for postage too. The only hassle is having to ship out the games once you get the pre-paid mailer. I wouldn't trust any other big retailer, especially GameStop of Best Buy, with giving you the best value for your used games. Amazon all the way.

5. shannajs profile image60
    shannajsposted 6 years ago

I work for a seller on Amazon, and I know he likes to sell his old video games individually.

6. profile image55
    liberty405posted 6 years ago

Have you tried Play.com? Similar to ebay and amazon. Thats where i get rid of my old Cds/Dvds/Games at a reasonable price. I tried musicmMagpie after seeing the advert on sky channels and they only pay you 20 to 30 pence per game and it has to be in mint condition. Not worth it for me.

7. jeffreydjm profile image76
    jeffreydjmposted 6 years ago

It depends on just HOW old the games are, if they're rare, discontinued games (PS1 or xbox) do NOT sell them in bulk to a store, one game might be worth £50 but Cex might try to buy it off you for £5.

Either way I'd say about 95% of the time if you sell games individually, i.e eBay, Amazon etc. you'll get more money for them than if you were to sell them in bulk to a store.

8. Johnrr631992 profile image88
    Johnrr631992posted 6 years ago

I always sell my old games on Ebay.. Seems like the best place to get the most for your buck. You NEVER want to bring the games to a place like gamestop.. If you would get $20.00 for the game on ebay, Gamestop would offer probably $2.00, its kind of silly..

9. profile image51
    gamer6677posted 4 years ago

Ive just sold a very large collection of video games and consoles.
    I hunted around for the best price and eventually found a Brighton based company called Sellmygames.co.uk
    The website was pretty simple to use, I created an order through their website and a courier picked up the items and was paid very quickly through Paypal
    I must add that the customer service was very good. I have also sold to Music Magpie and CEX, both companies offered me less money and took ages for my payment to come through.
    I also had a nightmare with CEX customer service who kept some of my goods and refused to pay me for them.
    Avoid CEX they are scammers.
    Try Sellmygames.co.uk as they have offered me excellent service and given me the most for my games collection

10. profile image53
    VeroMoss70posted 3 years ago

I know I am a little bit late with my answer but I think it could help you now, too, if you are still a gamer. I think if you want to sell more than one video game on ebay or other websites is a roundabout way. What I do is I sell my used video games on bonavendi.com. Here I can check where to sell my video games and get the best price for it.
    Here is the link: Feel free to use it smile