Creative Ways to Announce the Gender of Your Baby
Pregnancy is an exciting time and what is even more exciting is finding out if you're having a boy or girl. Family and friends are always dying to know right after the ultrasound and instead of telling them outright, why not have a little fun?
Keep reading for some creative ways to announce the gender of your baby.
- Throw a Small Gender Reveal Party, Dinner or Cookout, which are becoming very popular these days. Invite your closest friends and family over and reveal the big news. You can either decorate in blue or pink and everyone will know as they walk in or decorate in both blue and pink and announce the gender at the end of the party.
- Make a CD with songs specifically related to the gender ("My Girl", "Bad Boys", etc.) and send them to your friends and family.
- Make a puzzle that your family and friends have to put together to find out the gender. (I used this idea when I announced my first pregnancy!)
- Bake a cake or cupcakes that will reveal the gender. You can make mini cakes decorated in blue or pink frosting OR white frosting and reveal the gender by putting a layer of icing in the middle that is either blue or pink or you can have the cake itself blue or pink. You can do the same thing with cupcakes.
- Use fortune cookies to let everyone know. You can have everyone over for Chinese food one night and have the cookies custom made with the message inside.
- Make copies of the ultrasound and place them in blue or pink frames and hand them out as gifts to friends and family.
- Have a pizza night with friends and family and make your own pizza with the toppings spelled out with a B for boy or G for girl.
- Purchase balloons that say "It's a Boy" or "It's a Girl" and put a balloon on the porches of family and friends.
- If you have other children, make or buy them shirts that say "I love my little brother" or "I love my little sister" and let them wear it around family or friends.
- Buy a bouquet of flowers, either blue or pink and place one flower on the porches (or cars) of family and friends.
- Buy paint swatches in either pink or blue and ask your friends or family members what they think of the blue or pink you've chosen.
- When you finish the nursery, invite friends and family over when they have time and reveal the nursery to them.