- Mental Health
5 Ways To Hit Depression
Depression can hit us at any time of the year. This feeling happens to everyone at one time or another. But we all have more important things to do in life than to be sad and depressed. Keep this in mind and think your life is full of joy.
These are only five suggestions to help you beat the depression. Starting from these, you can find other ones by yourself.
1. Laughter is the best medicine. This is an old adage, but it holds a lot of true in it. It's amazing how when you're down, laughing about something and ignore the stress, can make you feel better. If you are having trouble finding something to laugh at, maybe you can find some people who keep close to entertain you, you can call them when you feel sad. Invite a few good friends in just to talk, have a cup of coffee or a snack and see how you feel better afterwards.
2. Listen to music is another key to overcoming depression. If you can relax and let the type of music you like and you get the drift, you will find that you calm down and feel better. Even the baby in the womb responds to music. You may want to get up and dance and there is nothing wrong with that - even without a partner! Just change the pace and let the entire blood flow to your hands and fingers.
3. Do a little work and you’ll feel less depressed. There's always something to do about a clean bathroom, living room, kitchen that gives most women a sense of pride and order and joy. Men sometimes enjoy doing some of the “do it yourself” jobs and experience the same attitude. Or you can go out and do something that moves your body. Maybe you can shoot the obstacles on the road, biking around the neighborhood and say hello to some of the neighbors. Talk to them, smile and say some compliments. There is always something pleasant to be said about a person. Or, just seeing the sunset and realizing how beautiful the world is will get you better.
4. While we're thinking, why not try pray when you feel depressed? Try to help someone less fortunate. Think of hospital patients and that there are worse things than those happening to you. Count your blessings. Hug someone or maybe go through some old pictures of fun moments with your family.
Think positively about your life and beautiful things that happen to you and do not think about the problems. Bring your dog for a walk and enjoy the pleasure without stopping to look at their animals and be with you. Sometimes the simple light of love is all we need to overcome feelings of blue.
5. Eat ice cream! All these different flavors fooling around your tongue can make you feel good! The idea is to eat something you really enjoy and see how difficult it is to be depressed when you have your favorite foods and have enjoyed. The world seemed a little better!
Of course, all the above tips do not apply to everyone. But give them a chance and who knows ... maybe you can help a little. Keep this list handy and the next time you feel a little down, find something that triggers the best response to feel happy again. Note that when depression is around, you need to take action. Don’t let depression show it’s ugly face around you again.