- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
7 Tips To Beat A Bad Mood
Bad Mood Blues
Being in a bad mood is the pits. You may find that people avoid you while you are in a bad mood, and most often you probably wish that you could avoid yourself! A bad mood can bring everyone around you down, making you quite the opposite of the life of the party. But what can you do about it.. how exactly do you break out of a bad mood?
Getting out of a bad mood can be very simple! Give one of these seven ideas a try to put smile back on your face!
Get It On!
Tip # 1: Get dressed like you are headed out. Get up, take a shower, put on clothes to leave the house in, do your hair and make up, and even put your shoes on.
- Studies have shown that your mood can be greatly affected by your self-image. Think about how differently you feel about yourself when you have just rolled out of bed, and when you are all set to get out of the house. Which way do you think will help you feel better?
- Getting dressed and making yourself look good on the outside can greatly change how you feel on the inside. The better you feel on the inside, the more your mood changes , making you ready to go on with the day.
Get Movin' Music
Bad Mood Buster
Tip # 2: As the Cheetah Girls say,"Just take some action; It'll come to you (it will). It's all connected all you have to do Is move baby, move baby, yeah, yeah, yeah."
Exercise releases hormones that help raise your mood. Cleaning is one form of exercising that can also improve your surroundings. Working out to a DVD, taking a walk, dancing to the radio...It really doesn't matter what you do; just take any action and start moving.
Lack of exercise can actually make you feel even more in the dumps. Getting up and moving, whether it's to exercise, walk to a friend's house, or dance to the music, will give your mood a positive boost.
Fill The Void With Laughter
Tip # 3: Invite a friend or two to hang out. After all, what are friends for? Good friends can snap you out of your bad mood in a jiffy. Good friends, good times!
Tip # 4: Have a laugh. You can not possibly laugh and remain in a bad mood. It has been scientifically proven that laughing will raise your spirits. Laughter releases hormones that kick out a bad mood. Even faking a laugh will raise your spirits!
There is no way you can stay in a bad mood after 5 minutes of continuous laughter! Even if you don't feel like laughing, faking a laugh will get you started in the right direction.
I Dare You NOT To Laugh!
Get Out of the Mood
Tip # 5: Read a book. Reading can transport you to a different place and allow you to be someone else for a while. Pick up your favorite book and escape to a happier place for a little while.
Tip # 6: Try meditatation. Deep breathing has been known to raise many a low mood, couple that with a focused mind and you have a winning combination. Focusing on something and taking deep breathes, causes our body to relax and release tension. Have you ever been told to take deep breaths and count to 10 when you got angry? That is honestly some excellent advice.
You Deserve It!
Tip # 7: Give yourself a treat. Do something that is just for you. You really do deserve it, you know. Go a little overboard and do something for yourself that you wouldn't normally do. Have fun with it and make it something to remember.
- Go shopping for yourself. Treat yourself to a little something. A new purse, the shirt you have been eyeing, , or maybe it is a knick-knack that puts a smile on your face.
- Get a massage or spa treatment. This is a great way to relax and break you out of your doldrums.
- Short on cash? Give dream shopping a try. Go to an expensive store and try on clothes, or take your dream car for a test drive. Give yourself something to look forward to and get rolling again.
- Get a hot fudge sundae with extra hot fudge, or some other indulgent treat.
Have Fun With It
There are plenty of ways to break out of a bad mood. Try some of these next time you're feeling blue to cheer up quickly. Remember you are responsible for your own happiness. Take charge of it, and give yourself a reason to smile.
Just for fun, see how many of these suggestions you can get through before your blues have completely vanished. I'm betting that you can only make it to the second tip before you are doing it just for the fun of it!
More Ideas For Positive Thinking
- The Advantages of a Positive Mental Attitude
The attitude you have is key to whether you win or lose. A positive attitude will help you go far in life, and keep you on the straight and narrow track to success. Sometimes it does not matter what tools,...
- 2Create Your Life
Strategies for creating a life full of happiness and success. Start where you are.. handy tips to overcome obstacles, reduce stress, and live a healthier life too!