All About Reiki and Where to Get Services for Reiki
All about Reiki and where to avail of services
Throughout centuries, people in their search of trying to improve themselves and seek for better health practices develop means to give solutions to how we live our life with ease and healthful living. Aside from other traditional medicine practices by people all over the world, in 1922, a Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui introduced Reiki -- one way of energy healing which tries to help in the overall health of an individual through the concept of transferring energy through the palms from the practitioner to the patient. Reiki was transformed and been brought forth in the Western world by people who were trained by Usui after he died.
Reiki is practice by many people nowadays and the number of people who are availing Reiki services is growing. It is an alternative medicine and its promise to provide healing to people cant be disregarded anymore.
The objective of this article is to discuss all about Reiki and where to avail of services.
All About Reiki
Like any traditional medicine, Reiki doesn't have scientific basis that is why we need to be informed so that you can fully enjoy the benefits of Reiki. This is the topic of this article -- all about Reiki and where to avail of its services.
What is Reiki? Reiki is a form of Complementary and Alternative medicine (CAM) which supposedly transfers energy -- healing energy through the palms. It is developed by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui in 1922. Reiki is a holistic kind of therapy which is based on healing of emotional, physical, mental and spiritual levels. It is based on a healing which transfers energy through the hand of the practitioner in the place where his hands at. Simply put "reiki is a Japanese technique that is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. Reiki is a form of spiritual healing using "universal life energy" channelled through the practitioner to the recipient."
Reiki - More Explanation
About Reiki - Continuation
“Some teachings stress the importance of the practitioner's intention or presence in this process, while others claim that the energy is drawn by the recipient's injury to activate or enhance the natural healing processes.”. In some sense it is said that it is an intelligent healing meaning “Reiki knows where to heal, even if a practitioner's hands are not present in the specific area.”
- It is said to be inexhaustible and it can induced healing powers and anybody can have this power to heal by what they call process of atument carried out by a reiki master. Like any traditional medicines claims for such energy has no known scientific basis as well as biophysical basis.
Many Reiki teachers and practitioners aim to abide by these five precepts, or principles:
The secret art of inviting happiness
The miraculous medicine of all diseases
Just for today, do not anger
Do not worry and be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to people.
Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart
and chant these words with your mouth
Usui Reiki Treatment for the improvement of body and mind
The founder , Usui Mikao
Reiki is said to be best as a form of relaxation and actualization of a feeling of wellness.
In both the Traditional and Westernized version of Reiki, there are three considered forms:
- At First Degree, a Reiki practitioner is able to heal themselves,
- Second Degree, a Reiki practitioner is able to heal others,
- And at Master/Teacher level, a Reiki practitioner is able to teach and attune others to Reiki.
Is reiki effective or not?
- Just like any traditional medicine, reiki doesn’t have scientific basis but people who have experienced a positive improvement of their health after sessions of reiki proved that it is effective. The number of people availing of the services of reiki is increasing throughout the years.
- Reiki is said to be effective for those who are having treatment for cancer as they ease the pain and relax them. Many people attest however to the fact they receive positive effect after treatment with reiki through a practitioner.
- On the other hand however, a study conducted in 2008 suggested that “there is no scientific evidence for either the existence of ki or any mechanism for its manipulation, and a systematic review of randomized clinical trials conducted did not support the efficacy of Reiki or its recommendation for use in the treatment of any condition.”
Controversies Regarding Reiki
- In the news recently, the Catholic church has also sought to stop the practice of Reiki within Catholic health care hospital facilities as it is said to be "unscientific" and therefore not appropriate for Catholic institutions".
- The lack of scientific basis to prove its efficacy
Where to avail services:
- Reiki is available in massage center or wellness centers run by massage therapist which have license to operate their business. The Reiki practitioner is a trained professional in Reiki. Reiki is also available in different hospital in the Western world, like for example here in the United States some hospitals let their patients have Reiki sessions with a trained Reiki practitioners
Important things to consider before you avail of reiki services
- It is necessary to know that Reiki does not heal any form of disease or cancer etc., it is just used as complementary medicine, helps mitigate the pain and relax the patients as well.
- Before engaging in reiki, please consult your medical doctor specially if you have other serious illness or for other safety precautions
- For cancer patients who avail of Reiki treatment make sure that you are treated by a trained practitioner through the supervision of your doctor.
- For those who avail of reiki for soothing and relaxation purposes only, make sure that the service provider is trained.
- In my own opinion I think that since Reiki is not a cure for serious illness like cancer but rather it is just a complementary treatment so as to ease the pain or reduce the condition of an existing situation, then it is worth the try as its promise of holistic healing is proven by the many people who attest to its effectivity.
- There is nothing certain in this world, Western medicine goes by the method of trial and error plus reduction technique in the world of medicine and Reiki is in my opinion a nice relaxing treatment to a better you.
Like any traditional medicine, be it herbal remedies, acupuncture/acupressure, Reiki etc. are being used by almost 80 percent of the worlds population. Reiki is a growing alternative way in healing and yes it is not supported by scientific basis but the power and the healing it provides to those who are availing it plus the fact that many attest to its healing powers are enough to say that it is worth the try. I hope this hub helped you in understanding all about Reiki and where to avail of services. As always we need to be informed and have safety precautions always in terms of your health. Consult a medical person if you are undergoing other treatments before you engage in Reiki specially if you have serious illness like cancer. I hope this article helps you in knowing all about Reiki and where to get services.
- Free Nami Reiki Self Attunement
Nami Reiki is a different style of Reiki. Nami means Wave and it has this name because it represents pretty...
- Reiki: Healing Technique or Business?
Reiki is one of the fastest growing healing techniques around the world, does it work? Is it real? Is it new? Or is it just another business made on people's suffering?
- Things to Consider Before Using Herbal Remedies
Things to consider before using herbal remedies In the recent past, many people are resorting to herbal remedies to treat common illnesses like cold, backpain or other more serious ones such as...
- Natural Home Remedies for Hangover
Natural Home Remedies for Hangover Now its official, you have a hangover after drinking or partying too much and drinking like there is no tomorrow. When you see the old lady walking and she appears to be...
- Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea
Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea Diarrhea if untreated may cause death because ofdehydration. It is a condition where you have discomfort and at times your stomach aches. There are natural home...
- Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies
Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies For those of us who are tired of the high price s of some mainstream medicines, herbal remedies are good alternatives to medicate...
- Chinese Herbal Medicine For Insomnia
Chinese Herbal Medicine for Insomnia Chinese medicine also termed as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practices include such treatments as Chinese herbal medicine, acupuncture/acupressure, dietary...
- Chinese Herbal Medicine for Menstrual Pain
Dang Gui or female ginseng : best Chinese herbal medicine for menstrual pain Chinese medicine are proven by history to be effective in curing diseases. Herbalism or resorting to herbal...