- Exercise & Fitness
Bring It: P90X Day 76
P90X is an extreme workout. Not necessarily one that I would recommend starting during the holidays, however, if you want to maintain your weight and avoid that holiday weight gain, this extreme workout might just be your answer. Tony Horton is the mastermind behind this program, consisting of 12 different DVDs that will include not only weight training, but several forms of core workouts, yoga and cardio. There is a little bit of everything and all you are left with is the dedication to continue to Bring It each and every day.
This is my personal journey. I have gone through the majority of the first 90 days and am on the final stage. During this time, I have learned a lot of very important lessons that I have shared throughout this series. Some are serious, some are funny and some are just some tips to help stay motivated. If you would like to start from the beginning of this series, please click here. If you want to read about my previous day with P90X, click here.
Feel free to leave your comments below. I always look forward to hearing from you.
Ah.. KenpoX. I love a got kicking and punching workout. I guess you could say this is a touch of martial arts training. With this, not only will you break a sweat, but you will also find you are feeling much more confident with each and every jab, kick and punch. This is by far my favorites, but I think it is because it reminds me so much of the Taebo workouts I used to do when I was younger.
Today was a good day for this workout, For me, it is a fun workout so it never drags on. I got up right away in the morning and knocked it out (which is what I should be doing every single day!) I will admit, I have my kids home because it is Saturday morning and that in itself proves to be a challenge. They always seem to like to interupt me between each different exercise. I can tell the last couple weeks of this program will be challenging since my kids are now home for the holidays.
The rest of the day was pretty busy. My husband was home from work so we went out Christmas shopping. Reminder - if you aren't finished with your holiday shopping yet, there is only another 8 days until Christmas left.
Get your movies here
8 Holiday Movies
To keep with the spirit, I will do a 8 Holiday Movie Countdown. These of course are the movies I would rather be sitting at home watching and sipping hot cocoa to instead of out Christmas Shopping. And, if you are still looking for that perfect gift, maybe one of these movies will be on your list to get. These movies are not put in any particular order. They are just the ones I love to watch during the Holidays.
- The Grinch - Of course while I used to watch the cartoon version as a kid, I now very much prefer the version with Jim Carrey. What can I say, I am a sucker for his movies. And growing up with Dr. Seuss books, this is definately a must own for me!
- Home Alone - This one comes in a series, however the only one I really care for is the first one. After all, how many times can you really lose your kid on Christmas. The first time it was cute, the next couple times it is time to call Child Protective Services. So when it comes down to it, I really only care for the first, but it is a definately must watch for the season.
- Scrooged - One of my all time favorite ways the story of The Christmas Carol is told. Bill Murray is the main character of this movie and is the one taught a lesson by the three ghosts. It is too funny to miss.
- Holiday in Handcuffs - This one I actually caught on TV one year. I DVRed it and it accidently got erased. It stars Mario Lopez and Melissa Joan Hart. It is a romantic comedy that will not only make you laugh, but it will also get you in the holiday spirit. I was so upset that I lost the copy on my DVR, my husband found it on DVD right away and got it for me.
- White Christmas - This is an old school movie staring Bing Croby. It of course is a musical which is probably one of the reasons I enjoy it so much. It is about a couple of singing and dancing musical acts teaming up to save a Vermont Inn. It is a pretty cool movie if you haven't seen it yet.
- Jingle All The Way - If you get stressed about Christmas shopping, you should watch this movie. It is all about getting that perfect holiday gift. Frankly after today, I understand the pain of the main character. Maybe I shouldn't have waited until the last minute to go Christmas Shopping.
- A Christmas Story - Who doesn't love A Christmas Story. There is nothing that rings home more than a family that is just as dysfunctional as all the rest of us out there! The kid that swears, the leg lamp and over course the importance of seeing Santa for that BB gun.
- The Santa Clause - The Santa Clause is a three part series... and I believe each and every one of them is a hit. While some series I usually only like the first one, that is not the case for this one. It stars Tim Allen, who becomes Santa after a fatal accident. Another comedy to get you in the Christmas spirit.
Feel free to share your favorite holiday movies as well. With all good workouts, you occasionally need some downtime. So why not sit down, watch a movie and get in the holiday spirit. Merry Christmas everybody!
Click here to read about Day 77.