Chinese Herbal Medicine For Insomnia
Chinese Herbal Medicine for Insomnia
- Chinese medicine also termed as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practices include such treatments as Chinese herbal medicine, acupuncture/acupressure, dietary therapy, and both Tui na and massage likie Shiatzu massage. "Qigong and Taijiquan are also associated with TCM." it has been proven to be safe as history would point out that it has been used by Chinese for almost five thousand years now. In Asia and most specially in China, almost all people avail of the TCM. For almost all illnesses and problems, Chinese medicine has a cure for it. You just need to be an informed user so as to maximize the effect of it. There are available Chinese herbal medicine for insomnia plus there are common sense things you need to do so that insomnia is not a problem anymore. Chinese herbal medicine to cure insomnia is practice by the Chinese people for thousand of years and the use of it in Western countries is growing in the recent years.
- So come on and join me now in finding out what are the options for the cure of insomnia perusing Chinese herbal medicine available for us. Usually these Chinese herbal medicines are available as food supplement and are available in counters in different pharmacy and stores. You need to verify the Chinese herbal medicine you are taking first before taking them. Approach a herbalist or contact any Chinese community and ask them if they can refer you to a reliable herbalist.
The topic of this hub is to introduce the reader to the solutions to insomnia problem. I will tackle about the Chinese herbal medicine best for treating insomnia and I will also discuss some basic things you need to consider so that you can have a normal sleeping pattern.
What is Insomnia?
Insomnia is a problem among adults most specially in the Western world. It is a symptom which accompany several deep and psychiatric problem among adults. Sometimes it is due to poor sleeping habit. One definition of insomnia is that having --difficulties initiating or maintaining sleep, or nonrestorative sleep, associated with impairments of daytime functioning or marked distress for more than 1 month." According to the United States Department of health and Human services in the Year 2008y 64 million Americans regularly suffer from insomnia each year and insomnia .4 times more common in women than in men.
Chinese medicine sees insomnia as a symptom of an imbalance in either the fundamental substances of the body or of the major organ systems --Lungs, Heart, Spleen, Liver, Kidneys. Insomnia most often results from imbalances of the Heart or Liver.
Four types of insomnia are : dream-disturbed sleep; difficulty falling asleep; waking early; and waking at a specific time every night.
Importance of Getting enough sleep
We all know the importance of getting enough sleep. if you get enough sleep, you function properly whether at work, school or you have a clear mind in terms of decision making. There is also risk in vehicular accident for those people who lack sleep, and this is a big concern since many accidents happen due to people falling asleep in the wheels. They are risking their lives and other peoples lives as well.
Chinese herbal medicine for Insomnia
- Drink chamomile tea. It has been known that chamomile tea is good is that you can sleep nicely and comfortably as well. It is also good . It is also good to calm you down so that you may feel relax and not irritated and feeling depressed.
- There are also specific Nourish Heart and Calm Spirit herbs and foods used to treat the anxiety and stress-related insomnia symptoms. Reishi mushroom nourishes heart and calms spirits plus schizandra berries are also used regularly in treating sleep disorders. (Look at the pictures here, they are available as capsules or food supplements in different Chinese herbal stores).
- One of the most popular herbs in China for treating insomnia is Suan Zao Ren or jujube seeds. This is the kernel of a small red date that grows wild in the mountainous areas of northern China. It is available as supplement pills in Chinese herbal medicine store.
- Lavender is a gentle strengthening tonic for the nervous system and a few drops of lavender oil added to a bath before bedtime are recommended for persons with insomnia. The oil can be used as The oil can be used as a compress or massage oil or simply inhaled to alleviate insomnia.
- Some vegetables like asparagus, help in insomnia and for those who love to eat meat beef is good to have a good balance in your body.beets is also best for insomnia or help in blood circulation.
- Meditation and relaxation is also a good activity to do before sleeping, Close your eyes, sit comfortably, and breathe in and out in a comfortable and quiet room.
- Acupuncture is good if you have sleeping problem. Visit an acupuncture clinic and get an advice to be treated
- Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine are the best combination to treat insomnia.
Some necessary and easy steps to cure insomnia
- Maintain a good schedule of sleeping and follow it. It has been said that maintaining a good sleeping pattern plus discipline that goes with it is important as you can carry this habit as you grow older.
- Soak in warm bath before sleeping, it will freshen you and make you feel nice and comfortable
- Wear sleeping clothes that are comfortable so that you feel at ease when sleeping.
- Make your bed comfortable, invest in a comfortable bed so that you enjoy sleeping and make the lighting to your convenience
- Make sure your room smells nicely and comfortable, aroma is always positive way to make you sleep
- Drink enough water or juice during the day
- Drink warm milk regularly -- this is also good source of Calcium
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco and caffeine so that you can sleep soundly.
- Have the habit of eating just enough so that you don't feel bloated. Eat a well balance food with lots of vegetables and fruits during the day.
- Set aside worries for the meantime and don't stress out yourself. Always think positively.
Maintaining a good health and a good sleep is essential to your health. Chinese herbal medicine is best for insomnia plus follow follow we must be used to a healthy lifestyle. Be informed when using these Chinese herbal medicines. Be concern about your health and have positive disposition in life. Good night to you and I hope you sleep well always!
- Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea
Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea Diarrhea if untreated may cause death because ofdehydration. It is a condition where you have discomfort and at times your stomach aches. There are natural home...
- Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies
Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies For those of us who are tired of the high price s of some mainstream medicines, herbal remedies are good alternatives to medicate...
- Natural Home Remedies for Hangover
Natural Home Remedies for Hangover Now its official, you have a hangover after drinking or partying too much and drinking like there is no tomorrow. When you see the old lady walking and she appears to be...
- Things to Consider Before Using Herbal Remedies
Things to consider before using herbal remedies In the recent past, many people are resorting to herbal remedies to treat common illnesses like cold, backpain or other more serious ones such as...