How to Manage Bipolar I Disorder (Symptoms and Ideas)
Symptoms and Management
If you know someone who is suffering from any of these symptoms they should see a mental health care professional immediately.
Symptoms of Bipolar I:
- Feelings of saving the world or having powers
- Fast speech, movement, etc.
- Rapid change of behaviors.
- Depression or sadness for brief periods.
- Quick energy bursts.
- Loss of sleep or sleeping too much. (Needing no sleep.)
- Racing Thoughts
- Thoughts of suicide
- Risky or impulsive behavior (like spending sprees, sex, etc.)
These are just a few that I have experienced myself and seen in others. I hope that you will take the time to help someone in need today that might be having a hard time with depression or mania. Remember, they are just normal people with a special condition. Their condition does not define who they are.
Other helpful everyday things you can do for bipolar disorder are massage and acupuncture. Jogging, push ups, and other physical activities. Get plenty of sleep every night. Eat a balanced diet.
If you have any questions or comments, please send me a message and I will be happy to help you. I have a full list of available mental health care agencies and websites that can help you. I have a lot of experience as a patient myself.