Getting Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
When the pores of the skin become clogged, the natural oil in the skin cannot come up to the surface. The pimples then erupt and the bacteria multiply. If the pimples are scratched, the skin tissue gets damaged and scarred. These acne scars are hard to get rid off.There are several medical as well as home remedies to get rid of acne scars.
Medical treatment for acne scars removal
There are several methods employed by doctors to remove acne scars. One of the methods is dermabrasion. The dermatologist uses an abrasive instrument and removes the top most layer of the skin. The skin immediately turns red. After healing the scars are removed. It may take several sessions to remove the skin.
Chemical peels are used when the scars are not too deep. A chemical is applied over the scarred part of the skin. When it is removed after sometime the top layer of the skin comes off with it. New healthy skin is generated after sometime.
Another method is collagen injections. Some people are allergic to these injections. No one is certain of the long term effects of these treatments. Laser treatment is yet another method. Some of these methods are quite expensive and not everyone can afford them. There are also several creams available to diminish these acne scars. As these creams are made of chemicals they may harm the skin in the long run.
Treating acne scars naturally
Several natural methods are in use to remove acne scars. They are not only inexpensive but also safer. They are quite useful for the prevention and treatment of mild scars.
- If you have red scars on your face you can apply vitamin E oil. It will not give instant results. But the scars will diminish over a period of time.
- Cut a lemon into half and rub it over your face. Wash if off after 15 minutes.
- Cucumber slice can be rubbed over the face. A mixture of tomato and cucumber juice can also be applied over the skin.
- Mix sandalwood powder with rose water and make it into a paste. Apply it over your face. Wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Sandalwood powder mixed with oatmeal is also quite effective.
- Honey is a very good moisturizer and is effective in the removal of acne scars.
- Egg white is a very effective remedy for acne.
Most of these natural remedies take some time to give results. Do not touch or rub your pimple. It may aggravate and lead to scars. It is better to prevent acne scars than treating them.
Other Articles on Acne
- Natural Ways to Get Rid of Acne
Acne vulgaris is major problem of adolescent teenagers. Tea tree oil is a remedy recommended for acne. Cooked oatmeal and honey are applied on the pimples. Soaps and gels made from Aloe Vera are used to treat acne the skin affected it.