- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Hands On .....On Hands! with arthritis massage oil recipe.
Hands on.....on Hands!
I'm sitting here plastering some of my special arthritis massage oil onto my sore hands. I see them but really look at them for the first time in ages. That's such a stupid statement you say...but tell me honestly when was the last time you actually looked and saw your hands as the magnificent tools they really are; not for the dry chapped skin or moan and groan about needing a manicure.
As I constantly find myself with "mini-obsessions" where I just need to know all there is to know about a subject. I checked 'Hands' out on Wikipedia, in the Britannica Encyclopedia and Dictionary and came up with the following...
Hand is described in my trusty old Oxford English Reference Dictionary as such:(in Latin: manus) the end of a human arm beyond the wrist, including the fingers and thumb.
In other primates, the end part of a forelimb, can also be used as a foot...etc.
For all needs and purposes I collected these descriptions
- Complex, prehensile (meaning able to grasp or grab) and multi-fingered.
- Used for physically manoeuvering the environment.
- Fingertips hold the densest area of nerve endings in the human body.
- The sense of touch and tactile is mainly associated with hands.
The anatomy of the human hand:
The anatomy of the human hand:
- The human hand consists of a broad palm (metacarpus) with 5 digits, attached to the forearm by a joint called the wrist (carpus).
- The back of the hand is formally called the dorsum of the hand.
- The human hand has 27 bones: the carpus or wrist accounts for 8.
- The metacarpus or palm contains 5.
- The remaining 14 are digital bones, your fingers and thumb.
- The eight bones of the wrist are arranged in two rows of four. These bones fit into a shallow socket formed by the bones of the forearm.
Typical of me, I go off on tangents here and there!
-Do you remember the first time your hands touched the rosy ever so sweet softness of your newborn babies skin?
-Did you ever marvel that such softness actually could exist?
-Do you suppose your hands were able to communicate your true inner love to your babes?
-At what time do babies hands consciously acknowledge that touching sensation?
-Do you recall the first time those so inquisitive, softest of soft little hands transmitted their unconditional love to you when they touched your hands?
There are 'Reading Hands', they probably should be called 'Seeing Hands' instead because they can interpret little bumps (Braille invented 1821) and thus becoming stand-ins for eyes. Amazing just how sensitive the fingertips can become to be able to distinguish where a tiny raised dot sits in a grouping of six.
Nurturing Hands or Healing Hands come from Moms, Physio therapists, Nurses, Surgeons and so many more.
To the Artists Hands, the Sculptors, the Painters, the Musicians and all the rest......it's so vital for them to have eye and hand co-ordination
Everyday life uses hands to guide in learning. Hands as tools...
There is not a tool made that can compete with the complexity of a hand. People in the artificial limb production can avow to this.
All hand on deck...for the proverbial hands.
Even clean gardeners hands and finger nails are black with earth...On the other hand...They are hand and glove...But my hands are tied...unfortunately it can be hard to... Work with the hand you're dealt...when you have...To live from hand to mouth...but it pays to remember that...Many hands lighten the load...as...An empty hand is no lure for a hawk...but then again...One bird in the hand is better then two in the bush...especially if it's a rose bush as...The rose bush has thorns only for the hand that would steal it's blossoms...although in some cases...The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...so don't...Show a tiger your bleeding little finger as he may want your whole hand...in my opinion it's not cool to...Bite the hand that feeds you...yet it's comforting to know that...The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world...but also never forget to...Hold on to a true friend with both your hands...
As I'm a take action sort of person I'm always reluctant to leave my well being or that of my family in any one else's hands with the exception of asking for
GODS HANDS IN GUIDANCE.
And so-on and on goes the saga of the
more all with another handful in the
Check out this great additional info written by rmcrayne
- Arthritis Pain- Your Guide to Relief
We cannot escape arthritis. Contrary however to what many people think, there are many things we can do to self manage our pain and stiffness. Use of heat strategies, gloves and splints, exercises, and joint protection strategies are very effective.
- Arthritis Hand Pain Relief with Resting Hand Splints
I have found overwhelmingly that clients with arthritis experience decreased achy pain and stiffness in their hands after wearing resting hand splints for sleeping. As a green lieutenant over 20 years ago,...
- Arthritis Relief for Hand Pain and Stiffness with Co...
One of the most effective relief strategies for people with arthritis pain and stiffness in their hands is the use of contrast baths. What are contrast baths? Alternating warm and cool water, which is easy...
- Arthritis Relief- Heat Treatment Options
Although many clients with arthritis may use ice for inflamed joints after activity or injury, heat is more commonly used by most clients. Many with arthritis begin each day with a hot shower to help relieve...
My arthritis massage oil recipe... it can work wonders!
Only use small amount when you're really achy because this can be a little harsh on the skin. You need to experiment with the strength that your skin can tolerate. Also careful not to rub near your eyes and nose.
To make massage oil you'll need:
Base oil ingredients:
- 1 whole Capsicum frutescens (chili pepper) fresh is best but can be substituted with dried. Not so perfect but will also do 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne because its gritty.
- 1/2" chunk of fresh ginger root crushed. If not available use 3/4 teaspoon of powdered ginger.
- 2 cups grapeseed oil (almond oil is best but will not last as it gets rancid faster)
Base oil methodology:
Combine and heat these three ingredients over a double-boiler for 1.5 hours. Cover with lid and let stand an additional 2 hours .Strain infused oil and pour into a dark glass bottle with a tight fitting lid or stopper. Will last for 2-3 months in dark cool place.
for individual uses you will need
Massage oil ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon infused base oil
- 2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Aloe Vera 'sap' freshly squeezed from plant leaf (optional)
Massage oil methodology:
Combine all in a small bowl or shot glass. I massage my hands for 5 minutes. Can also be used when heat treatment is recommended rub gently into affected area or joints. If using before going to bed cover hands with gloves to assure you don't rub your eyes in your sleep.
TIP: remember essential oils are volatile (the scents evaporate and are rendered useless) therefore should be mixed on an as needed basis.
- Meditation: the benefits.
Meditation has a long history. In most peoples mind meditation seems to be the humming sounds coming from a
- Herbal Remedies for Baby and Mom
This article is intended to help re-discover the pleasures of Herbs and promote confidence about using them as simple remedies for Mother and Baby. Our Grandmothers and theirs before them used herbs to...
- Herbal Remedies: for Cold and Flu
There is plenty of proof that
- Using 10 Common Foods As Medicine!
Food is probably the most frequently consumed 'drug' available to all without so much as a prescription. Readily available from all grocery stores and produce barns. Disease prevention through nutrition...
- My Favorite Recipes For Herbal Body Splashes
Let's make some Sense about Scents without spending a lot of Cents! Depending on your skin type these scented body splash or can last for about three to four hours. Because oily skin contains more natural...
- Easy to make at home Moisturising cream!
This one is for my young friend SweetiePie! Use the recipes in good health. Everyone knows the importance of keeping the pores of the skin unclogged and clean. The best obvious way is to wash your face....
- Easy Homemade Anti-wrinkle Lotion
The production of anti-wrinkle creams, lotions and such is a multi-billion dollar industry. In this era that we're living in now beauty seems to reign over everything else even health. If you do not like your...
- 1 Year hub-versary!
October 22nd 2007 a day in history... my history that is, a year ago I found my new home away from home. HUBPAGES. To give you the long tour (the short one is just too boring ...I've always wanted to be a...