Hemorrhoids : Internal and External Hemorrhoids - causes, symptoms, and treatments
What is Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids refers to the enlarged veins in the anus or lower rectum. They are swollen and inflamed and usually clears up after few days. It can cause long lasting discomfort, pain and sometimes bleeding.
Hemorrhoids are the usual medical complaints among older people, pregnant women and other people who are at risk. Pregnant women usually develop hemorrhoids, but often clears up after giving birth. Men are more prone to suffer from hemorrhoids than women and often requires seeking medical advice.
There are two types of hemorrhoids, the internal and external hemorrhoids.
This type of hemorrhoid lie inside the anus or lower rectum. Internal hemorrhoids don't often cause pain from the anus during bowels, but may cause bleeding.
External hemorrhoids also called Thrombosed hemorrhoids is located around the anus. It is often swollen, painful and inflamed, forming a hard lump. They are covered with skin that are sensitive when touched. It is very painful and may cause bleeding, especially when you push hard during bowel movement or when a vein in the external hemorrhoid breaks .
* Pregnancy- This is due to the pressure from your growing uterus and increasing blood flow to the pelvic region causing the veins in wall of rectum to swell and itch.
- Constipation, when the stool is hard to eliminate literally causing you to push so hard that can put pressure on the veins.
- Also cause from pushing during labor but they usually go or clears up after delivery.
* Aging people
* Chronice diarrhea
* Overuse of purgatives
* Sitting for long periods
* Anal intercourse
* A high-fat, but with low-fiber diet.
Signs of Hemorrhoids
1. The first sign of hemorrhoid is bleeding. Bleeding from the anus is usually noticed during a hard bowel movement because of pushing to the limit. This can be very uncomfortable and embarrassing experience especially when bleeding happens anywhere such as in a public place and your clothes is stained with blood from the anus
2. Another sign that may indicate hemorrhoids is the unusual change of color, size and shape of your stool. Blockages can be a result for thin-sized and dark-colored stools.
3. Feeling of fullness after a bowel movement or when you thought there is still stool left from your anus when in fact you already eliminated them.
4. Discharges from the anus which may be brought about by swelling or irritation of the internal hemorrhoids.
5. Hard bumps which may look like a pile of grapes, lumps and swelling around the anus. This is due to the swelling of blood vessels inside anal canal because of the pressure from the anus.
Natural Home treatment for Hemorrhoids
Natural treatment is the best choice in treating hemorrhoids patients because it gives fast relief in no time.
* The best natural treatment for hemorrhoids during pregnancy is to drink a lot of water and increase fiber intake to avoid constipation.
*Perform kegel exercises, it can also prevent hemorrhoids because it improves circulation to the anus. It can be done anywhere, while sitting, walking, driving etc.
* Sleep on your side, preferably on your left, rather than your back, to relieve the pressure on that region.
* Do not strain or push to the limit. If you can't force it, just wait.
* Use warm water after bowel movement. When using a tissue don't wipe too hard as this can irritate sensitive tissues.
* Ask your doctor before using any hemorrhoid medication during pregnancy.
You May Also Like
- Home Remedies For Boils - know the cause and symptom...
In this article, I am going to explain some facts about boils and its possible home remedies that you can do about it. Boils are large, often painful, infection of a hair follicle that appears anywhere in a person's body especially in buttocks,...
- Thrush Home Remedies: Know it's causes and signs
What is thrush and its causes? Thrush is a yeast infection caused by candida fungus that affects not from different areas of your body. One type is the oral thrush affecting the mouth area, the other one is the vaginal thrush that affects the...