Home Remedies For Boils - know the cause and symptoms
What are boils?
In this article, I am going to explain some facts about boils and its possible home remedies that you can do about it. Boils are large, often painful, infection of a hair follicle that appears anywhere in a person's body especially in buttocks, armpits, abdomen region and groins. It is medically known as an abscess and first appear like a pimple.
What are its Causes?
Some factors causing boils include:
*It is mainly caused by bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus.
* People or athletes who are often engaged in sport activities, such as boxing, football, wrestling or basketball, are more likely to develop this bacteria. Mostly they tend to share towels, soaps, sports equipment and clothes that allow bacteria to enter the skin.
* Having poor hygienic practice
* Broken skin from minor scrapes and scratches, or other skin problems such as eczema
* Being diabetic, particularly that is poorly controlled
* Boils usually begins as a red mark which look exactly like a pimple and continuously grow bigger. The small part of the skin becomes red and swollen, eventually forms a painful bump, and later on a white or yellow head which is called " the eye" appears.
* In some cases when one boil heals, another one pops out and repeats the cycle again and again.
* A scar may be left after the tissue has healed. The most prone region are the neck, buttocks, groin and especially the armpits.
More serious infection can result and medical treatment is needed if a boil is located near the eyes or nose to prevent the spread of infection to the brain.
Boils Home Remedies
* The first home remedy for boils on the list is very easy thing to do, you just have to maintain personal hygiene, and cleanliness of the entire body. Wash hands as often as needed and have a regular bowel movement.
* Apply a drop of lemon over the boil.
* Onion allows to heal boils as it is also known for its antiseptic effect. Get a slice of onion and apply it over the affected area. Cover the affected area with clean damp cloth and wait until the head burst out on its own.
* Honey also contributes great medicinal value in healing certain infections.
* Garlic oil has also been use during the early times and helps the body fight against a wide range of infections.
* Look for products that are specially formulated to help improve immunity and helps skin repair and healing of wounds.
* Neem tree or the castor oil is also one good natural home remedies for boils.
* Application of iodine over the affected area will help prevent further growth of bacterial infections
* Tea tree oil is also effective in the relief of the discomfort causing bacteria as this oil has a natural antiseptic and antibacterial effects, which eventually helps heal quickly. Just pour 5 to 6 drops of tea tree oil in a cup of clean water, soak a clean damp cloth into it and apply smoothly and directly on the affected part. Repeat as often as needed.
* Grated carrot and wheat germ oil when mixed together can be an effective remedy
* A fresh banana leaf can do wonders, if applied on the affected area aleviate pain and fast healing process.
These are just few home remedies for boils that you can try to it's always best that you check with your doctor and seek medical advice before you do these after all, they know whats's best for you.
You may also like:
- Baking Soda and Its Wonderful Uses
Baking soda as we all know is something that you can find in everyone's kitchen. Though not all of us use this regularly, we sometimes find ourselves having it on our grocery list. This is because we knew that somehow we will be needing it at one...
- Oh no! Need Help For Hair Loss!
There is a saying that
- Money Is All That Matters.... Does it Really?
Well nowadays, most people agree to it and that's the saddest part. Money can be defined as anything that is accepted as payment for goods and services and debts. It is the medium of exchange. Money is the way to get the power to do what you want. ..
- Top Marriage Proposal Ideas : The Unique and Romanti...
Proposing marriage to your loved one is a great and exciting way to express how much you would want to treasure her for the rest of your life. Here are just few suggestions you could try to get her in no time.
- Filipino Traits and Characteristics
Filipinos has one of the best traits in the world one of you must know. Although they have been colonized by several countries, core values from their ancestors remained intact and is still applied up to this time. Filipinos are not perfect, but...
- Travel Philippines: Tourist Spots and Destinations
Aside from A very Cheap cost for travelling Philippines, it's surely worth the time and effort to come and see the natures and awesome beaches you'll never forget! Are you ready to explore the Philippines tourist attractions? You gotta be choosing...
- Beauty Tips: Homemade Face Masks For Blackheads
Blackheads can be an embarrassing thing but don't let this ruin your day. There are lots of ways to get rid of those annoying black spots . Homemade face masks might be the solution for your problem.
- Beauty And Health Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil
Introduction: When I was young, my grandfather used to massage a home-made smelly kind of oil on my back for some cure or benefits. I remembered him telling me that he made it himself from coconut, but I just ignored it, anyway I was still young...
- Peeing After Making Out: It's A Must
It started last January when me and my partner began to make out almost everyday and always fell asleep right after that ( kinda tired, lol). One month later, I started to feel an urge to pee every minute but whenever I do it, there's only little...
- Famous Celebrities who needed Anger Management Couns...
There are celebrities that are professionals, on time, responsible, and very flexible to their job. However, there are some who have shown some attitudes that lack sincerity due to their busy schedules which stress them too much and sometimes causes.