Home Remedy for Knee Pain
Sedentary lifestyles and rising levels of obesity is leading to an increase in the number of people suffering from knee pain.
Knee pain can affect all sorts of people, men and women, young and old, very active and less active people all can develop sudden bout of knee pain and in some unlucky cases it the painful knee joints can last until medical treatment is sought.
There are a few different things that can be done to help reduce the likely hood of knee pain
- You should always try to maintain a proper posture so as not to strain your muscles. This can help towards reducing pain in your knees if you already are experiencing joint pain and help your to recover. joints
- Always attempt to wear shoes with good arch support and avoid wearing high-heeled shoes. I see many women who wear very dangerous high-heeled shoes which in most cases do more harm to their legs and knees then they the shoes do to making them look beautiful.
- If you are a runner who does regular running, replace your running shoes every 3 months. This should keep your legs balanced while you are out running.
- One thing many of us quite often leave out prior to a session of physical activity is to do proper warm up before doing activities to keep strong and give our muscles time to get into action. knees
Get Relief from Knee Pain - Knee pain worsens with age
Here are some helpful tips to help if you experience knee pain
- Do regular Stretching exercises to relieve joint and muscle tension, it helps in easing muscles and helps them get back in shape. This supports your joints and could reduce knee or joint pain.
- If you are already suffering knee pain then use ice or cold pack on your knee at least once a day. This will stop inflammation as well as minimize pain on your knee joint and spasm in the area.
- You can also get over the counter anti-inflammatory medication, if symptoms last more than one or two weeks, seek professional medical advice.
- What I have also noticed is that knee pain can be caused by being sat at a desk all day at work, in that case try elevating your knee this can reduce stress. Keep the knee area at or above the level of your heart to help minimize swelling.
- Brisk walking on a regular basis can also help.
Knee pain ,arthritis and Injured Cartilage - Everything You Need To Know
Other Health hubs you may like to read...
- How Gingko helps cure bad blood circulation in hands...
My hands and feet have always been colder than normal. My doctor blamed it on poor circulation. Hands and feet started to go numb and painful. My minor poor blood circulation in hands and feet. I came across a natural remedy renowned for its ability
- 4 Tips for better health
The tips for better health listed below can help you achieve a healthier lifestyle and will aid in the process of getting fitter and regain your youthful vitality again.
What you eat can have an effect on Knee pain.
A natural way to relieve knee pain is to try and tweak your diet. A growing body of research suggests that small dietary changes can lead to big benefits for knee health.
A number of natural foods are known to have powerful anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties that may be as effective as some prescription medicines for arthritis and other types of knee pain.
The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish are natural anti-inflammatories. Taking these supplements can help to reduce joint inflammation and often help ease knee soreness. The best sources of omega-3 are found in salmon, sardines, tuna, herring, cod, and mackerel, if you can’t get enough fish to eat then you can always opt to take fish oil supplements.
How to strengthen your knees and treat knee pain
Products that may help sort out your knee pain..
Ginger in many cultures has been used to relieve upset stomach and can be consumed in many different ways; researchers recently discovered that it also reduces knee pain by decreasing inflammation. A study of 261 patients with moderate to severe knee pain due to osteoarthritis, were given doses of ginger extract which significantly reduced their knee pain during standing and walking. In South Asian cooking this spice is used to add flavour to curries and the likes with the added benefit of decreasing knee pain. Ginger also has other health benefits, a topic for another hub maybe.
Another good supplement to take for knee pain is glucosamine. It helps in promoting overall joint health. Especially for people who are already suffering joint discomfort these glucosamine supplements taken over a period of time can help in improving painful and sore joints.
So to avoid having to replace your knee joints make sure you look after your knees and keep in mind the following:
Consider weight control, regular, careful exercising and practice healthy eating, these are extremely important. Although knee pain may not be life threatening, if left untreated the pain can seriously impact your quality of life. People suffering knee or other joint pain should seek early medical advice.