How to discover your talent
How To Discover Your Talent?
Well, this is a sudden idea that I wish to make it my hub topic.
I was doing my research actually, and stumbled upon an article which was sharing about "talent", and it was it that led me to have an idea of giving it a further sharing.
As we have already known, everyone does have a talent of some sort; yes, we all have some talents in our blood, just that it happened in a way that some never give up discovering their talent but some keep ignoring them; some are blessed in a means that their talent are being discovered, being encouraged and being polished by others as well…yet, there are some don’t have such a chance and worst still, if they do, no one in their life is willing to nurture them.
Another instance is that some might stay in their negative environment that depresses them much which they find themselves not even good at anything. They dare not to dream, yes, they even dare not to think they can fulfill thing or things that they actually can do.
Should The World Helps?
Well, what do you think?
Should the world help? Or more appropriately…I should put it in such a way that should the people around help? Yes, the friends and the family, I mean.
I know, you are wondering what’s that got to do with others? Hear me out then please…some of them might already know they have certain talent or talents, just that they are lack of confidence, not that they are lousy but the environment they are in or any incidents and experience that they have faced before make them so…they just so afraid of stepping it out, they just afraid of flaunting it out, they have never been supported by anyone in anything they do, and now this is the time that people around should give them the encouragement, the love and care that they need so much…
To encourage and give someone love and care somehow is one of the abilities that we should develop. Just like here in hubpages, we do need some encouragements and supports from our fellow hubbers, and we know we need this magic power every now and then somehow.
What Is Talent Actually?
Okay, but what is talent?
Well, it is the ability to do things in an unusual or exceptional way. Simply put, talent is the ability that others have tried to do, but you do it easily. This is then your natural talent, and in fact, some of us do have our natural talents, just that it’s sad always that we ourselves don’t even identify them.
"Most Americans do not know what their strengths are. When you ask them, they look at you with a blank stare, or they respond in terms of subject knowledge, which is the wrong answer." -- Peter Drucker
The Importance Of Realizing Your Talent
See? It’s important to realize your talent that you are born to be so. But, how are you going to discover it? Yes, that’s the topic for today…how are we going to discover our talent?
Well, you’ll never know what you’re truly good at until you give different things a try. Perhaps there’s always something you’ve always wanted to try, but you think that you wouldn’t be any good at it. Trust me, and this is what I have experienced…you just might surprise yourself and others when you take action to find your strengths.
And please do trust me again, you simply just won’t know until you try! And you know what? When you discover your talents, the things you’re good at are often things you enjoy doing the most, and most of the chances, the talent that being discovered could even stem into a full-blown career.
Help yourself out
Tips To Discover Your Talent
So by now, you should know what talent is and aware that we all do have a talent or talents of some sort. What you need to do now is to discover it.
Tips to discover your talent:-
- Try new things - Step outside of the comfort zone and open to new things and experience. You won’t be able to discover new talent if you keep sitting at home watching television or surfing on net. Try new things! You never know where your hidden talent will be.
- Follow your current interests – be it the singing, dancing, writing or gardening...Find something that you really interested. This will guarantee that you’ll enjoy it to the fullest for what you are doing when you discover your hidden talents.
- Talk With Friends - Keep open dialogues going with your friends(positive friends of course). Talk about how they discovered their passion and what they did to sharpen their skills.
- Join community classes - try out the different classes that they are offering. You’ll get a good idea about the subject over the span of the course.
- Or…try this - Put down the fixed mind-set and the growth mind-set. Pick up a curious mind-set instead. Not an easy task but you are gonna to see the magic.
- Copy others – though we all hate copycat, yet…this is one of the methods to discover your own talent. Look at how others do the things, and then try them for yourself to see if you feel like you are any good at them.
- Make a list - Bear this in mind always, what we called the obvious or visible talent is that the things you accomplish without even thinking about it and without effort...Make a list of everything you can do easily, well, at least 10 items.
- As for the stored talents, which you have already known the talent you have but you are not using them for the reasons (excuses?) of “I am too busy, I am not sure if I am good enough at that, I am too old to start, I dare not, I am afraid to make a fool of myself and so on…sounds familiar huh? Do it anyway! Yes, just do it!
Some Being Discovered Only During Your Worse Moment
Try the above how to…I am sure you would discover it every now and then. However, would you believe that sometimes talents are being discovered only during your worse moments? And frankly…I am one of those who discovered myself enjoying the writing and make it one of my sources of income, yes, that’s exactly during my bad, sad and down moments.
You Can Do It!
So, instead of drifting through life, we could really do something we are truly good at, provided we could figure out what it is.
Remember this always…talents are the great and natural gifts that a person is born with, don’t ever waste it…it belongs to you and no one can ever grab it away from you.
Go for it! You know you can do it, just as I know you can do it...yes, you definitely can!
To your success, cheers!
Great Reads You May Have Missed
- The Health Benefits Of Mulberry
Are you being tempted by mulberries? Hey, what’s in your mind now? Well, how about considering this very useful mulberry tree for the garden or on a commercial scale?
- Great uses of lemon peels
The very simple reason that I can’t bear to toss the peel is that I love the refreshing and divine smell of lemon very much as it enhances my mood every now and then, most importantly; I love to...
- I Always Love You Quotes
More specifically...almost each and every of the time, the sweet love words could play the wonder somehow...believe?
- 50 powerful quotes about life
Quotes that carry inspiration and motivation can always be one’s life’s greatest sources of inspiration,they always manifest our life and encourage us to be more positive...
- Useful stress management skills and methods to pick you up, think about cortisol...
If you were in the midst of challenging yourself with the stressful lifestyle,pick yourself up then with these useful stress management techniques...
- How to overcome with the negativity and be confident
Pick yourself up, learn how to overcome the negativity and build up the confidence to conquer all your insecurity, hurt, fear, blue, helpless, hopeless and frustration...
Have you discovered any of your talents?
Do you always give excuses just to ignore your stored talents?
© 2012 Injured lamb