Learn to be Happy - 4 Great Ways to be Happy
Learn to be Happy by Appreciating the World Around You.
Increase happines through practice, practice, practice!!
We Can Learn to be Happy Once Again
It isn't possible to be happy ALL the time. It is possible to learn to be happy, although in order to grow as human beings we need to experience both the bitter and the sweet, for without each other they are nothing. are alive and well, the problem is one of them is getting a lot more attention than the other in regards to happiness and unhappiness. Unhappiness or dissatisfaction has generally been the dominant universal mental state of humanity in modern times. Don't get me wrong, I know that there are a substantial amount of happy people out there, they are just massively outnumbered by the depressed masses. As children happiness came naturally to us, didn't it and so if you ask me, all we really need to do is to learn to be happy all over again. We learned to be unhappy, so realistically we can learn to be happy too. Yin and yang
Sounds simple because it is simple. You can learn to be happy most of the time by practicing a number of techniques on a daily basis, techniques that I will present to you very shortly.
It Takes Discipline in Order to Increase Happiness
As the pioneering American psychologist and philosopher, William James said, "Action may not bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action." I thoroughly agree with that sentiment as I don't know about you, but every time I have ever been inactive in my life, whether it be through laziness or no fault of my own, guess what I experienced? You got it, depression! As I like to say, "if you are not growing, you are not living!"
It is possible to learn to be happy or relearn as the case may be for many of us these days. You only need to have a fair grasp of the components of what makes a happy life and then include them in your life, which at first, will not be easy. I can't believe I just wrote that, because it is rather hard to fathom that we are so busy and rushed off our feet these days that we can't find the time to be happy and may even struggle in the practice of it!
"Happiness is not by chance,
but by choice." - Jim Rohn
How do I find Happiness? Look carefully, you'll see it.
4 Great Ways to be Happy
1. Begin each day with positivity: This is a sure way to increase happiness levels. It just takes practice. When you open your eyes in the morning, even if you don't feel positive or aren't looking forward to the day ahead, think NICE thoughts, OPTIMISTIC thoughts of what your day will bring. It takes as much effort as a negative thought, the only difference is that it can change the whole course of your day. Seriously, planting positive seeds in your mind as you are getting up WILL bear fruit as this quote (unknown author) states:
"The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts."
2. Set your sights high: Stop setting and targets all the time. It isn't realistic to set the bar high all the time, but still, set the bar high sometimes because in doing so you are sending the message to your subconscious mind that you are capable and confident in your abilities. Set big goals, daily, weekly, short term and long term and you don't have to write them down if you don't want to. Just think on them, and ask yourself why you want that. Think of what you wish to attain, how your life will change. Most of all, when you set your bar high, tell no-one except those you trust. You can learn to be happy and having the faith in yourself to set and attempt the big goals is a confidence booster which in turn becomes a happiness booster. small goals
3. Learn from mistakes: Don't punish yourself when you make a mistake. If you hear that little gremlin voice in your head piping up, putting you down when you make a mistake learn to stop it abruptly and aggressively before replacing it with something you deserve. You make mistakes in order to learn how better to do things. It's a survival mechanism, we evolve when we use it efficiently and properly. Learn and grow from your mistakes. .
4. Let others be: Don't involve yourself with people who are negative and always whining and complaining about others. Learn to be happy by focusing on the good around you and ignoring the bad. Stay away from negative people because they infect you with the same virus that they are afflicted with, the "blaming virus." Those kind people hear someone playing their music loudly a few houses down the street and complain about how irresponsible they are or see a guy picking his nose and whine about how disgusting he is and blah blah blah. They are essentially blaming others for staining their life; giving away their freedom of choice. Happiness is a choice. Let people be. If they want to live that way, so be it. Conflict equals pain and misery short term and long term so choose peace and learn to be happy.
"Most of us are just as happy as we
make up our minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
Happiness is an Art
Material to help you learn to be happy
Learning to be Happy - Brilliant information here
More articles on the topic of happiness
- How to Form a New Habit and Take Control of Your Min...
I write this hub, not from the perspective of a Professor of psychology, nor from a perspective of an expert in the field, but rather from the point of view of a person who is attempting to seize control of his life through the use of psychology and.