- Exercise & Fitness
Prayer to the Gods of Pilates
Okay, that’s it—the diet starts now! I have a book signing event in only two weeks and everything I own makes me look fat—which leads me to the conclusion that all of the hours that I’ve recently spent planted in front of my computer have added excessive “padding” to my figure. (deep sigh)
So, as of this moment I am on a diet… of sorts. Okay, so I’m not going to swear off of any particular food (since the moment I add a food to the “forbidden” list I’m bound to start craving it), but I will make the following vows:
- I will make conscientious decisions about the foods I eat.
- I will be aware of my portion sizes.
- I will make a very big effort to avoid eating leftover Easter candy (or at least limit myself to only 1… well, 2 a day).
- I will start working out again. I will even go so far as to promise to work out at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes at a time.
- I will force myself to do pilates… no matter how sore I am during the consecutive 2 or 3 days. (pitiful groan)
- I will choose to climb the stairs rather than riding the elevator.
- I will choose to walk (rather than drive) more often.
- I will encourage my friends on Hub Pages to nag me about these vows—so I have no choice but to honor them.
May the Gods of Pilates be with you. Amen!