- Diet & Weight Loss
Weight Loss Tips 101: Make Lifestyle Changes
Weight Loss Tips 101: Make Lifestyle Changes is a hodgepodge of weight loss tips that have worked over the years for my friends and or me in achieving our weight loss regimens. The purpose of this hub is to share those tips and others that could possibly support one in accomplishing their weight loss goals. Successful weight loss goals are achieved by making lifestyle changes rather than temporary fixes. I’ve learned that once one begins to master lifestyle changes your weight loss goals become a reality.
Anyone that has struggled with losing weight and keeping that weight off already knows that there are numerous of weight-loss programs, some outright scams promising that you can lose 30 pounds within days, in addition to quick and easy weight loss plans that are one sided with the pyramid food groups. If this is the case then you’ve learned that one must make permanent changes in one’s health habits as well as your lifestyle in order to keep the weight off.
Once the foundation of lifestyle changes and the creation of healthy habits have been established one will still need to maintain one’s calorie intake and to exercise. The Mayo Clinic has 6 strategies for weight loss success that can add a boost to anyone that is seeking to be winning at weight loss. These strategies are as follows:
- Commit to win – When planning new weight-related lifestyle changes remember that permanent weight loss takes time and effort, it will not be an overnight success.
- Set realistic goals – Think about the process and the outcome when setting goals. Use the word SMART when creating goals; which means to make them Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Trackable. To say that you are going to lose 5 pounds a week might not be attainable whereas to set a goal to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week might be more realistic.
- Make a decision to enjoy healthier foods – Decreasing calories does not have to mean giving up all good tasting foods. Sometimes a simple switch can be to prepare your favorite meal at home verses picking it up from a restaurant or fast food establishment.
- Find exercises you enjoy – It is important to get active and stay active. One must find ways to burn calories through physical activities that you can enjoy.
- Seek emotional support - Find others to provide emotional support to help you through the stressful times when you want to stop and or get discouraged. You have to be responsible for your own actions, however having support of a loved one can assist during times when your nutritional diet appears not to be working.
- Make the decision to change your lifestyle – Gradual changes of habits like reducing the number of times that one eats out and changes in attitudes that say, “you can’t lose weight” can begin your journey into making lifestyle changes toward the weight you want to lose and keep off. Eating healthy foods and exercising vigorously for a few weeks and then stopping will not work.
Links to more Info
- Weight Loss Tips: 10 Painless Ways to Lose Weight
Easy weight loss tips you can slip into your everyday life
- 15 simple tricks for lasting weight loss: lose 5-40 pounds this year
15 simple tricks for lasting weight loss: lose 5-40 pounds this year by making just one of these easy changes - or more! from Shape provided by Find Articles at BNET
- Simple Ways to Live a Healthy Lifestyle
Living healthy isn't just about weight loss, it's about moving your body and feeding it good things for healthy and longevity. Learn more about how to live a healthy lifestyle from your About Exercise Guide.
Never Changing Weight Loss Tips that Most People Know
This section of Weight Loss Tips 101: Make Lifestyle Changes is a hodgepodge of weight loss tips that will always remain true regardless of which program you choose. Like the law of gravity there are some facts that will remain consistent when it comes to weight loss and they are:
- 3500 calories is equal to one pound (.05 kilogram) of fat
- One must burn 500 to 1,000 calories more than you consume each day in order to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week
- Exercise is the key to burning extra calories
- Walking is one of the best sources of aerobic exercise burn body fat
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator, and park far away from the building in order to increase number of daily steps
- Your goal should be to get 10,000 steps of walking in every day
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day when attempting to lose weight
Weight Loss Tips that you may not know that can assist you in losing weight successfully
Healthy Eating Tips - O.k. here’s where the fun begins, a couple of my friends and I have composed tips that have assisted us in successfully losing weight. Some you might not belief, if I can find a link that validates what I’m telling you it will be included; otherwise try at your own risks. So here goes:
- Eating 4 to 6 small meals a day helps to keep ones metabolism balanced and burning properly.
- Eat from a small salad plate instead of a regular plate in order to cut down on portion sizes
- When dining out, cut regular meals in half in order to succeed at getting in 4 to 6 mini-meals a day
- MUFAs can be used to get pass the desire of having a snack before one’s regular meal
- Pack a snack lunch to take with you when you will be away from home running errands. This prevents one from snacking on things that are not healthy for you; it also helps to eliminate temptations.
- Have 80 percent of vegetables and only 20 percent protein on your plate
Tips for Avoiding Binges - Since I’ve added MUFAs into my diet I rarely get hungry in between meals, however, if for some reason I do here are some tips that have worked for my friends and I in the past.
- Drink a glass of water and keep yourself distracted by taking a 15 minute walk, playing with your kids, or taking a bath can curve your appetite long enough to make it till it’s time for your next meal.
- If you ate all your allocated calories for the day and you still feel you want a little something, try brushing your teeth. It’s something about having that fresh brushed clean teeth feeling that can take the hunger away.
- A friend of mine says having a “quickie” sexual encounter with her partner takes her mind off of food. However, if you are truly hungry your stomach may growl and you might become even hungrier.
- Save a snack (80 to 100 calories) for times when the “hunger monster” comes to visit you. For me it is usually about 9 p.m. since I stay up late. So this is my allocated glass of red wine time that will tide me over till breakfast.
- Never allow yourself to get to that “starving stage” it is better to eat on a schedule (every 2 to 3 hours) rather than run the risk of overeating. If you are not hungry at your scheduled time then eat a bite or two of your meal, just to avoid that sudden drop in blood sugar that can cause you to overeat.
More of My Hubs on Health
In Closing Weight Loss Tips 101: Make Lifestyle Changes I would like to say that there are many more weight loss tips out there that can assist one in being successful at losing weight. One of the most important keys to remember is that you didn’t gain the weight overnight so there for you should expect to lose the weight overnight either. Also keep in mind that if you do lose the weight really quickly, not only will you gain it back quickly but you will gain more and it will be harder to lose the second, and third time around.
As with all my hubs, I hope you’ve learned something of value and or interest from your read, and you are always welcomed to leave comments. If you have a weight loss trick you that has worked for you, please leave a comment.
More weight loss tips
- 50 Easy Ways to Lose Weight: Simple Slimming
50+ ways to look slimmer, feel trimmer.
- 10 Tips for Easy Weight Loss
10 Easy Tips for Weight Loss. Learn easy steps tips to lose weight a healthy way. Easy weight loss tips written by Registered Dietitians.
- Weight Loss Help and Tips
Weight loss tips and free help and advice to help you lose weight fast in a healthy and natural way.