K. Burns Darling profile image 84

Have you given any thought, or done any planning in case you need to care for an aging parent?

If you are like me, you never really gave it any thought until the moment came when the doctors said that it was Alzheimer's disease and that he would either need care at home, or to be placed in an extended care facility. I would never take back the decision to care for my father, but I do wish that I had put some forethought and planning toward a contingency plan. Have you and your family discussed what you would do in this situation?

Christine Miranda profile image86

Christine Miranda says

daizhining profile image59

daizhining says

• K. Burns Darling profile image

Kristen Burns-Darling (K. Burns Darling) 4 years ago

I was also raised in a family where we "take care of our own" and so when my father became to ill to be left on his own, it was pretty much second nature or a no-brainer to just pack up and come home.