Emanate Presence profile image 84

How do you feel about this diagram of the human psyche?

Diagrams of the psyche are limited representations as they are two-dimensional and segmented, even hierarchal, whereas in actuality the psyche is multi-dimensional, complex and non-linear. Whether you have studied psychology or not, I'd like to know how you feel about the diagram of the psyche in a 'golden spiral.' Since there has been response to questions about the Higher Self, does this graphic representation say anything to you? I'd also love to hear from those who do study psychology, even if you feel the diagram is misleading, as it may help me to present a more rounded picture.

• Emanate Presence profile image

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) 4 years ago

Tsmog, this is great - to get some interaction started about the diagram. As a graphic, it is amateurish I know, and was made mostly for my own satisfaction to envision the relationships. I will email the whole image file to anyone who asks....

Emanate Presence profile image84

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Yes, and I can see how the diagram could be interpeted differently than I intended. It is not to say, 'this is how it is,' but to explore the mystery and gain an understanding that may be essential for a more complete self-awareness.

Laura Schneider profile image94

Laura Schneider says

ahorseback profile image45

ahorseback says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Shame on you, ahorseback! E.P. worked hard on this and is looking for real, constructive criticism on his diagram and ideas, not off-the-cuff (and incorrect and unrelated) remarks. Go comment on a topic where you have something to add, not subtract.

CJ Sledgehammer says