- Disabilities & the Disabled
CTM Mobility Scooter - The HS-890 Terrain Trekker
CTM Mobility Scooter - Qualifying Medicare Scooters
The HS-890 CTM Mobility Scooter Terrain Trekker is a heavy-duty addition to CTM's line of medicare scooters.
If you are looking freedom of movement outside in the yard, or even in public parks, then you want to look for more than just a mobility chair or electric wheel chair. Motorized wheel chairs are great for inside, on level surfaces, but if your needs are more varied, then this is a model of disabled mobility scooters you might want to consider. You should think about your needs before deciding on something you might see on the scooter store ads.
This style electric power mobility scooters, (medicare approved), will give you freedom of movement for both inside and outside use. There are travel scooters designed to allow you to put a folding mobility scooter in your car trunk, or even in the back seat, but if you are considering a heavy-duty model CTM Mobility Scooter, your choice would also determine your need for mobility lifts or mobility chair carriers.
The HS-890 CTM Mobility Scooter Terrain Trekker
What are Your Mobility Needs
Before you can pick a model of a disabled mobility scooter, you must first determine your mobility needs. Wheelchairs and scooters serve different mobility needs, and motorized wheel chairs will get you around just like other disabled mobility scooters do, but they serve different inside or outside environments.
Ask yourself a few questions to determine your mobility needs:
1. How long will you be using a mobility device? Do you need a power mobility scooter for rehabilitation, or do you need handicap scooters for long-term use?
2. How severe is the disability? - will only electric or motorized wheel chairs, or upright mobility chairs fit your needs?
3. Where will you be using your mobility chair? - inside with level floors, do you have ramps? Do you want it for outside use with some uneven terrain like your yard - there are medicare scooters for all these categories, but they do serve different needs.
3. Do you need a heavy-duty mobility scooter? Heavy duty mobility scooters are mostly 4-wheel scooters and can carry heavier loads and navigate more uneven terrain. If you don't need heavy-duty, then there are lighter duty - 3-wheel mobility chairs for average weights to use around the home.
4. Do you need travel capabilities? - Will you be using your CTM Mobility scooter in places other than just your home? What about the weight of motorized wheel chairs or medicare scooters? Will you be using mobility lifts or carriers, for your scooter, or are you looking for a folding mobility scooter?
6. Do you only want a new mobility chair? Or will you consider used handicap scooters?
The answers to these questions will help you decide which type of electric wheel chairs or motorized wheel chairs, or even heavy-duty or light-duty medicare scooter or handicap scooters might be right for you.
A CTM Mobility Scooter for any mobility need
CTM started making low-cost mobility scooters back in 1995, and has developed models to fit your mobility chair needs, and like most mobility scooters, medicare accepts these CTM mobility scooters. Just like models from the Scooter store.
The featured model - The HS-890 Terrain Trekker CTM Mobility Scooter is perfect for outside or rougher terrain use. It has the durability and battery power for the longer range of
outside use also. Unlike a motorized wheel chair, or a light-weight 3-wheel scooter, this medicare scooter, the CTM HS-890 has more versatility and power to take you anywhere you want to go.
The HS-890 CTM Mobility Scooter Terrain Trekker
The HS-890 Four wheel scooter was designed for those seeking an extremely durable terrain trekker loaded with the features of a high end scooter at an affordable price. The 13" tires will cover rough terrain while the high back contoured seat, full light kit with directional blinkers and full swivel, sliding seat add all the comforts for travel.
A totally enclosed rear wheel drive scooter with an epoxy-coated steel frame. The frame is designed to reinforce the cowlings to avoid cracking. The scooter has PVC cowlings, alloy wheels, and slip resistant rubber on the base. It has front and rear chrome plated bumpers.
All components are totally enclosed underneath the frame to avoid damage and dirt getting into them.
Maximum Speed: 8 mph
- Weight Capacity: 500 lbs.
- 13" Front and Rear Wheels
- Delta Handle Bar
- Full Lighting Package
- 22" High-Back Swivel Seat Captains Chair
- Removing the seat and batteries allows the scooter to be folded flat
- Freewheel mechanism is operated by a lever situated above the right back wheel
- Batteries are stored under the plastic cowling
- Leg room is sloped on the wheel protectors, with slip resistant rubber surface
- Armrests are adjustable in width and height
- Controls are a water resistant
- The controls can be programmed for speed, braking and acceleration
- Electromagnetic brakes
- Basket included
MSRP: $4195, but checkout ebay and Amazon to find it as low as $2495
More Medicare Mobility Scooter Resources
About the Author
The HS-890 CTM Mobility Scooter keywords and tags
The HS-890 CTM Mobility Scooter Terrain Trekker is a heavy-duty addition to CTM's line of medicare scooters and the keywords and tags are relative to medicare scooters by ctm mobility scooter. they do not have wheel chairs and scooters like the scooter store. electric wheel chairs wheelchairs and motorized wheel chairs are not as likely to need mobility lifts or power mobility scooter carriers like power mobility scooters, handicap scooters or a mobility chair might need. a mobility scooter store might also have jazzy scooters as well as folding mobility scooter. heavy duty mobility scooters and other medicare scooters from the scooter store are very similar to this ctm mobility scooter.