jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

I'm scared. Any Doctors of HubPages? Possible sepsis

1. A Thousand Words profile image80
    A Thousand Wordsposted 5 years ago

I'm really scared and I need a consult, but I can't afford an online one and it's kind of personal. To be more specific I think I may have sepsis. Is there anyone I can message directly that is a doctor that can give me an idea of my issue?

1. Xenonlit profile image61
      Xenonlitposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why don't you get to the nearest ER and stop wasting time online? If you think you have sepsis, then you think you have an emergency!

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

She has probably had previous experience with our American medical system. Thus, like many of us, unless a limb falls off, etc; she doesn't want to go.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86

As a non-medical person, all I can do is give you this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001687/

3. Lwelch profile image90
      Lwelchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go to the ER as everyone else has said.

2. TahoeDoc profile image98
    TahoeDocposted 5 years ago

Sepsis? If you have signs or symptoms of sepsis- get to an emergency room immediately! There is no time to discuss it or debate whether or not you can afford it. If you are even close to sick enough to think you have sepsis (provided you are familiar with this very serious diagnosis), then you need to go. NOW. You will not recover on your own, most likely if you are septic. Time is of the utmost importance.

I will say that again...If you aren't sure if you have sepsis or not, but are so sick that it is a real possibility, then you still have to go.

Seriously, I'm a doctor, but there is no way to diagnose sepsis online. I cannot examine your skin, take your blood pressure, draw blood cultures or even really get a good history. You are welcome to message me, but by stating that you think you have sepsis, there is no way I will tell you anything other than you need emergency medical care. Even if, in private messages, you give me a constellation of symptoms that are unrelated to sepsis, I still cannot do a thorough history and physical and will not take the chance that I am missing something on the other side of a computer screen since you have expressed concern that you have a potentially fatal condition. I'm not trying to make you panic, but you need to understand that sepsis isn't something you ask for online advice for, it's an absolute emergency and you need to go to the ER now.

If you really think you have sepsis as a diagnosis, then you are at risk of imminent death and should already be at a hospital. There should not be time or need for a consult.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I'm not a doctor, but I would trust any advice given by TahocDoc

1. TahoeDoc profile image98
        TahoeDocposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Awww, shucks, thanks smile

2. AEvans profile image66
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I concur and I am a nurse. She honestly needs to go to the ER.

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Well, it's been 10 hours since the OP's last post. She's probably still sitting in the waiting room... Or dead on the floor and the security guards haven't noticed her yet.

4. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

The OP posted elsewhere 5 hours ago. Apparently all is well. smile

1. A Thousand Words profile image80
      A Thousand Wordsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the concern paradigm and everyone. I was somewhere that going the hospital wasn't really possible but I think from looking up common signs of sepsis that that's not my issue. I may have some kind of something trying to take over though, after those antibiotics, but I've been to the doctor so much lately and everything keeps coming back negative. But the way I feel just isn't right. Keep me in yotur thoughts. But, I suppose it's nothing fatal, but, I sure feel awful some days.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86

I wonder if maybe you have an unknown allergy thing going on? Re-examine your environment and your diet in this light. And also poke the doc with a stick about it. smile

2. TahoeDoc profile image98
        TahoeDocposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If the docs haven't been able to find anything when they've actually seen you, I probably won't be able to give you satisfying answers either, I'm sorry to say. But, if you still want to message me, you can. I don't know if I can help, but I can at least try to point you in the right direction.

I wish you health and peace.

working