jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

No Walk In The Park ...

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image91
    Jacqueline4390posted 17 months ago

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12954021.jpg
    I had seen many advertisements regarding getting the Shingles shot and I even knew a lady that had it on her chest area but nothing can prepare you for actually having the monster—especially in the head and face area. The nerve pain alone is enough to send a grown man home screaming to his momma. There is nothing so bad (to me) as to have Shingles in the head and face area.

I deal with the pain on a constant bases and it seems that the nerve medicine does little to alleviate the lightning bolts that periodically visit me. I keep an ice pack with me around the clock as this seems to numb the pain a lot
    Are there others who have been unfortunate enough to experience Shingles and what was your strategy for surviving those six weeks?

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 17 months ago

Never had it, but what about a truckload of Vicodin or equivalent?

Jacqueline4390posted 17 months ago in reply to this

Not familiar with it

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
        paradigmsearchposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Get another doctor, show him or her a printout of this thread if need be. smile

Jacqueline4390posted 17 months ago in reply to this

So sorry, I do know what you are talking about. In fact, I have it in my medicine cabinet now. It doesn't help much, I have tried it. Hydrocodone/acetamiphen.

working