Do you believe that homeopathy works?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (107 posts)
  1. Moon Daisy profile image80
    Moon Daisyposted 11 years ago

Do you believe that homeopathy works?

Do you believe that the energy in homeopathic remedies helps to cure many ailments, or do you think that the remedies are so weak that they couldn't possibly do anything?

2. bheem profile image66
    bheemposted 11 years ago

Even the most complicated and tough conditions can be healed by homeopathy without surgical intervention...just you must find the right homeo physician..

1. Debby Bruck profile image66
      Debby Bruckposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The number of reports of recovery confirm your statement. Finding the homeopathic physician who has experience and understands the patient will make all the difference.

2. Dorothee-Gy profile image64
      Dorothee-Gyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can also get quite knowledgeable by reading and studying it yourself. I treat many conditions (amongst others Rosacea, Herpes Zoster and severe hayfever) with remedies I found in books and over the internet. There are some great databases...

3. swordsbane profile image60
    swordsbaneposted 11 years ago

Do I think Homeopathy works?  The short answer is Yes and No

But it has nothing to do with homeopathy.  People with pacemakers installed (but not turned on) regulate their own heartbeat better.  People who think they're getting medicine but who are really getting a sugar pill many times react as if they are really getting medicine.

But let me tell you what real homeopathy is: It is the belief that if you take something that is poisonous or debilitating and dilute it so that the molecules of the poison are so low that you are getting one molecule in several thousand bottles, you have nothing but water or a pill with NO active ingredient in it... and you charged a price for as if it were medicine.  If this water-drug is at all effective it is because the people who take it BELIEVE it is effective.  This is called the Placebo Effect.  It is not nothing, and it is a real medical phenomenon, but they are not selling medicine.  They are selling belief.  The medicine is not healing you.  You are healing yourself.  Take the credit.

1. WVBards profile image60
      WVBardsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'll take placebo healing of hard drugs any day.

With kids and animals, it is crystal clear that it has NOTHING to do with belief. My cat cannot read the indications, but it stops barfing immediately when treated with Nux Vomica or Arsenicum Album.

3. Moon Daisy profile image80
      Moon Daisyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Both interesting points of view. I've had two experiences so far with homeopathy. The first was with my daughter. I gave her thuja to cure a stubborn verruca. I also tried an anti-candida remedy for myself. Neither worked.

4. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

With homeopathy it is very important to find the correct remedy, so if it doesn't work, that doesn't mean that homeopathy doesn't work, it rather means you haven't found the correct substance. Sometimes you have to combine the substances to get there

4. sleepylog profile image62
    sleepylogposted 11 years ago

I don't believe it works because it didn't work for me. The only things that works for me are proven scientific methods backed by many years of studies and tests.

Hmm, so far it hasn't worked for me or my daughter either.  But I'd really like it to be something that works.  I guess I have to know how long it should take to work, maybe I didn't wait long enough...

You don't have to wait long. If it didn't work, it wasn't the correct remedy. It needs to fit or it doesn't do anything.

5. profile image0
    scottcgruberposted 11 years ago

No. Homeopathy is placebo medicine at best and fraud at worst. There is no concievable way for it to have any physical effect on the body, since the active ingredient is diluted out of the solution. So homeopaths make up bogus mythology about "essential energies" to explain why a drop of distilled water on a sugar pill wil cure your gout.

Funny how the water "remembers" being next to a few molecules of duck liver, yet forgets the number of times it's been through dog kidneys. Homeopaths never explain that one.

The plain truth is that homeopathy does not work. It is snake oil and wishful thinking. No reputable study has ever found evidence of it working.

I want to believe that this works, as it's lovely to consider that there is this therapy that may cure disease with no horrible side effects, but your middle paragraph outlines my concerns.  It's exactly these thoughts that make me have doubts.

2. profile image52
      amnonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You know something Scott? I would have no problem with the remedies being a placebo, since they work for me and my friends.  I myself have a tight control of my diabetes with the help of such "placebo".  it works, there is nothing "funny" about it.

3. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

There are actually lots of studies (please see here for a comprehensive article with further links),
      https://homeopathic.com/Articles/Homeop … icine.html

You just don't find them easily...

4. swordsbane profile image60
      swordsbaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I do.  I'm familiar with those studies and HES, and they are either bogus studies (don't adhere to rigorous controls) or the studies actually don't show what Homeopaths claim they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0-NalmRSl8

5. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

I guess you could have 100 studies, double blind, placebo controlled, random, cross checked, and you'd still find something to nitpick about those (no recording of the breathing rates, wrong protocol, wrong hair color of the patients, wrong faith)...

6. swordsbane profile image60

No.  I wouldn't.  I have a great deal of respect for science. Telling me what you think I would or would not do does nothing to prove your side, and it is very rude.  If you have a refutation to give, please do.

7. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

Sorry if you see it as rude. There are enough studies out there that prove the validity of homeopathy, no matter if you believe it or not. Certainly not all of them are invalid and certainly not all of the allopatic drugs are flawless.

8. swordsbane profile image60

Then SHOW them, instead of an organization who's best source of "scientific" evidence is a paper who's own conclusions say "we found insufficient evidence from these studies that homoeopathy is clearly efficacious for any single clinical condition"

9. Debby Bruck profile image66

It's unfortunate that the double-blind studies allow so many drugs on the market that years later incur billions of dollars of criminal fines for hurting, maiming and killing people. So much for the double-blind studies. We are more than flesh &

10. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

Lancet, Dec. 10, 1994, 344:1601-6, conclusion: Either homeopathic remedies work or controlled clinical trials don't. (Can't expect more from people who set out to prove homeopathy wrong...)
      And no, they can't explain it in a hardcore physics way...

11. swordsbane profile image60

Same researchers... 5 years later "it seems likely that our meta-analysis at least overestimated the effects of homeopathic treatments.”  I hope your hub provides evidence of a higher quality.

6. Mathi Vathani profile image61
    Mathi Vathaniposted 11 years ago

Homeopathy works for people who can be patient and wait for results

1. swordsbane profile image60

No. It works for people who believe it will.  Normally, that would not be a problem, but when something serious comes up that a placebo WON'T cure, you have Homeopaths convincing people that real medicine doesn't work.  Homeopathy can kill.

2. Debby Bruck profile image66

Dear Mathi - Patience is a virtue. Some people who have not experienced success, dismiss the success for others. The most scientific method would be to collect the data from millions of people who continue to use it for all types of disorders.

3. profile image0
      scottcgruberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The scientific method has shown many times that homeopathy is worthless. There is no evidence of any people ever being cured by it.

4. Debby Bruck profile image66

Thank you for your own personal opinion on this topic, dear Swordsbane. Good to know how you feel.

Not sure if you ever heard it, but prescription drugs are amongst the leading causes of death... I recommend to research especially statins, anti-coagulants and the like...

Just because you are so concerned about the safety of homeopathy...

6. profile image0

I accept that actual medicine can be dangerous. After all, it consists of real drugs that actually react, rather than water and sugar. But the risk of treating dangerous conditions with magic and fairy dust is far higher than that of real medicine.

7. Debby Bruck profile image66

Obviously, the risks are much higher using crude drugs that cause chemical imbalances and force the body to respond in unnatural ways and lose the potential to recover as the body weakens.

8. swordsbane profile image60

I don't have a problem with the safety of homeopathic drugs themselves.  They don't have any active ingredient in them whatsoever, so they can't do anything.  I've seen someone down an entire bottle of homeopathic sleeping pills and nothing happened.

9. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

@swordsbane: Just because the person didn't die from the sleeping pills, doesn't mean that he couldn't profit from the right homeopathic remedy. The great thing about this medicine is that it doesn't do harm, but if you have the right one, it works.

10. swordsbane profile image60

Except the sleeping pills, if they really worked, should put you in a coma or even kill you (warning on the label) if you scarf a whole bottle.  They don't.  What it means at the very least is that the manufacturers are lying.

7. WVBards profile image60
    WVBardsposted 11 years ago

I know that it works, at least for my mother and I, as we can feel the side-effects almost immediately.  The doctor might not be able to tell you what it is, the pills might taste like sugar, but somehow, even when he doesn't mention what we should feel, we feel it, and we feel the change significantly.

So I think that, truly, it depends on the person.  For my mother and I, homeopathic remedies work.  Then again, we are extremely susceptible to medications of all kinds, from supplements to opiates.  Maybe it just depends on how easily your body chemistry is manipulated.

And I believe there's a component of wilfulness that goes along with the whole thing, as well.  Like wishing away a wart, if you truly believe or at least attempt to have some faith in the remedy, it might just work - maybe it's placebo, maybe it's the remedy amplifying your own body's healing powers, or maybe it's the medicine itself.  But no matter what, if you mentally fight the prospect of being cured, you will not be, susceptible or not.

1. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

Wishing warts away doesn't help, I tried. But some people can make them go away, even though you do not know anything about what they do, it happened to me.

8. Kalar Walters profile image57
    Kalar Waltersposted 11 years ago

ABSOLUTELY!!  I've used them for nearly 20 years.  I credit them with saving my life and my sanity!!  I realize that it can be complex and difficult to find just the right remedy, but when that remedy is found it is mindblowing!!  I wouldn't be without them!!

So true, Kalar. When the correct matching energy is found, then the results can be seen without a doubt. Blessings, Debby

9. JRScarbrough profile image75
    JRScarbroughposted 11 years ago

I believe it works for some things but not others. There are a lot of skin illnesses and pain issues that it can help solve.

I wouldn’t say that something like cancer can rely on it though, but to each their own beliefs. I would not deny that anyone was healed by homeopathic medicine no matter the severity of their illness.

10. profile image52
    megg40posted 11 years ago

3 children raised for their entire lives until they left home with no conventional medicine used, only homeopathic remedies & sometimes herbs. As adults they still call up for remedies. Homeopathy used with all my animals & in one case saved my dog from an expensive & traumatic series of operations. After 10 + years nursing I knew there had to be a better way & homeopathy was it for me & my family. I personally don't care that homeopathy can't be 'proved'. It has been proven to me multiple times over the last 20 yrs of using it as my primary health care treatment. I have witnessed responses that are nothing short of remarkable & clearly not placebo as the symptoms/conditions never returned.

Same with me, and all of my family.

11. profile image49
    tushar1kaposted 11 years ago

yes. i believe that homeopathy works, but it works slowly.

Thanks, how long would you say the remedies take to work?

In my experience, it works very rapidly if you have the correct remedy, with my husbands Herpes Zoster it works within 30 minutes or faster, he has an effect as soon as he drinks the water with the pills.

3. Debby Bruck profile image66

Thank you for all the wonderful successful experience testimonials, Dorothee-Gy. Adding up the millions of positive outcomes brings us to a positive conclusion. Blessings in 2013

4. Moon Daisy profile image80

Thank you Dorothee and Debby for your answers.

12. ChitrangadaSharan profile image93
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

There are some cases in which homeopathy is very effective, whereas in some cases we can not afford to wait for the treatment to be effective. Since it is a holistic treatment, it corrects the whole system and not a certain body part---it is a time taking process.
    For infants and small children, it works very fine and also for chronic ailments. But obviously you can not depend and wait for it to show results for a life threatening disease.
    Again it is very important to find a good homeopathic doctor, if you are taking medicines for your children.
    One of my friend  had taken homeopathic treatment for a stubborn skin problem, and touch wood it got cured completely. The treatment lasted for one full year. Before that she had taken allopathic treatments for the same problem, she used to get alright, but the problem used to occur  again and again.
    So, it works for some cases and may not be effective in other cases.

Hmm, I'm glad your friend had success in curing her skin problem, but I often wonder if something that took as long as a year to cure (with homeopathy, or any other similar treatment), would have just got better anyway?

I had Rosacea once, which is a rash that develops little blisters all over your skin that itch, then break open and build nasty crusts. It normally takes at least 6 to 8 weeks to heal conventionally. With homeopathy, it was gone in 3 days completely.

13. ellaamelia profile image61
    ellaameliaposted 11 years ago

Homeopathy do not working fast but its working is slow and effective. In emergency Homeopathy is not effective due to slow effect. One of the best benefit, this medicine have no side effect.

1. profile image0

Of course homeopathy has no side effects - it has no effects, period!

2. profile image52
      megg40posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have seen very fast responses with homeopathy. Recently cat  found affected by paralysis tick at 11pm unable to walk & breathing laboured. Death often quickly follows. Remedy given, immediate response. 3 more doses over 30mins cat recovered.

Actually, it is a myth that homeopathy works slowly. In acute situations, homeopathy works immediately to heal. This is why people take arnica for any bump, bruise or shock. There are many emergency remedies.

4. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

I totally agree with Debbie. It can work very rapidly with the correct remedy. The trick is to find the correct one. It's a pinpoint science, not a shotgun method.

5. ellaamelia profile image61
      ellaameliaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@Dorothee-Gy
      Absolutely say right,  Actually it's a pin point science.

14. Dorothee-Gy profile image64
    Dorothee-Gyposted 11 years ago

Well, since it invariably works with my cats and my husband's herpes zoster, plus cured my little boys hayfever, it would be more than funny if I wouldn't believe in it!

I didn't tell my husband anything about the pills (you could call that a blind-study), I just dissolved them in water and gave it to him. The pain immediately subsided and the inflammation went away, and after 2-3 days, it was gone. He didn't know anything about homeopathy, and was very sceptic, but now, when his herpes flames up, he always asks for "the water". He still doesn't know which remedies I used.

My son suffered for years with severe hayfever all summer long. It practically confined him to the house and every night, he'd hardly sleep, because his nose was so clogged up.

Last year, I got all remedies that have to do with his symptoms, dissolved them in water twice a day and let him drink that in the morning and evening. You can believe it or not, but he had hardly any symptoms, even after trampolining on a heavily pollen-coated trampolin. I don't even want to think what that would have done to him in the years before! And no, he wasn't in sponateous remission before that, the hayfever started right on time and was like in the years before, until I started with the pills.

All my cats have always immediately reacted to homeopathic remedies, and they cannot read anything about what I give them.

So, whoever calls it a fraud, is entitled to his opinion and will hopefully find relief with hard-core chemicals that have tons of toxic components and a load of side effects. For me, the proof is in the pudding, and so I cannot do anything but know that it helps, every time.

1. profile image0

It's not merely opinion that homeopathy is bogus. It has been proven in many double-blind studies. I'll take proven medicine over magic beans any day.

Good for you! Double blind, that must lead us to the truth, I understand! What is life experience against that??? You know, we need a lot of people who believe in this double-blind approach, or the pharmacytical industry will axe all other methods...

Everything is founded upon certain premises, belief systems, and understanding. However, homeopathy is based upon universal natural eternal laws. Scientific fact. No one can refute that. similia similibus curantur

4. profile image0

"Universal natural eternal laws?" Please. That is pseudoscientific BS, not scientific fact. There is no evidence that water remembers. None. You can appeal to "essential energies" and quantum physics all you want, but the facts are against you.

5. Debby Bruck profile image66

I think gravity is real science. It is a law of nature. It's up to the individual to bring into their consciousness facts of what they see occur all around them.

6. profile image52

Our dog was scared of thunder, and if left alone would hide under something and get something to chew :-)  A friend pulled a white BB out of her purse, put it in a bottle of water, gave instructions of administering, and after one week, he was cured!

15. housexpert profile image60
    housexpertposted 11 years ago

Anything has to be better than manufactured drugs. Homeopathic medicine is based on"the significance of small amounts" this premise is "not" recognized by licenced medical practitioners. Strange eh! Conspiracy  maybe? DHL

Not only does the substance get diluted and reduced in size; it must be potentized to release the energetic qualities and essence of the substance.

16. Borsia profile image39
    Borsiaposted 11 years ago

It certainly has its place in the course of treatments but serious problems require serious medical attention.
    I would point out the recent passing of Steve Jobs from cancer.
    The type of cancer he had was quite treatable with modern medicine and surgery. He had caught it early and if my memory is right he initially had around 80+% chance for a total cure.
    Instead he chose to treat it for 9 months with "alternative medicine". By the time he finally underwent surgery it was too late the tumor had split and spread and his fate was sealed.
    So treat a cold, allergies, minor intestinal problems; sure give it a try and if it doesn't hurt you haven't lost anything. But if you have anything prolonged or you believe you have a serious problem you should at the very least get an opinion from a real doctor.

The biggest problem with that is that the 'real doctors' are utterly unable to do anything outside of the box, because they could be sued to death if they did. So they stock their protocols, no matter if they are good or not.

2. Borsia profile image39
      Borsiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There are medical research programs where the patient must agree to experimental treatments. But modern medicine holds the best diagnostic and treatments options for sever problems. If they fail you can try another approach,with nothing to loose.

We can cite the healing stories of many people, but we cannot predict the outcome. Actress Suzanne Somers,  Jessica Richards, Lorraine Day, M.D. and others used alternative therapies and recovered from cancer.

4. WVBards profile image60
      WVBardsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then again, my grandma got rid of her breast cancer with alternative medicine.

17. cjpooja26 profile image63
    cjpooja26posted 11 years ago

yes, homeopathy works but it is very long and you have that much patience so that you can wait for the effects of the homeopathy remedies. But it works defenitely.

I've written that before, so just for the record: if you have the correct remedy for the job, the effect is very often instantaneous. No waiting required!

18. Dan Barfield profile image73
    Dan Barfieldposted 11 years ago

I have for years been in outspoken opposition to Homeopothy... until recently. I was not convinced by personal experience... because individual cases can be explained away by the placebo effect.

I met a good friend of mine for a pint after work one day. My friend is a neuroscientist and a more rational anti-bunkum type of person is harder to find. I could tell from the minute he sat down at the bar that he was annoyed. This is what he told me: A famous opposer of homeopathic practice and the psuedo-science behind it had carried out a broad trial of homeopathic medicines on a very large number of people. Data from thousands of individual cases had been collated, double blind trials run etc. To the scientist's credit, she had come out with surprising results. There is a definite statistically significant success rate above and beyond what can be explained by the placebo effect in the case of homeopathic medicine.

It works. The scientist went on to say that classical homeopathic explanations for how it works are still utter nonsense... but it does work. We now need to work out why it works. It just doesn't make sense that it should work according to classical scientific understanding. This means something very new and different will need to be grasped to explain the processes involved.

So in conclusion - you can trust that it will work to some degree in most cases but don't trust anyone who tells you they know why it works. They don't. No-one does.

1. profile image52

Dan can you provide more information on this study; name of researcher etc,? Thanks

As long as we exclude energy and information from the forces at work, we will never be able to explain it! Homeopathy, as old as it is, is not Newtonian...

3. Dan Barfield profile image73
      Dan Barfieldposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sure thing - you may have to give me a few hours. Gotta phone my friend and get the details smile

4. Debby Bruck profile image66

This gentleman may have been referring to the massive homeoprophylaxis in Cuba to prevent Leptospirosis. The information can be found on this Hubpage. http://bit.ly/IYY3uW

5. profile image52

Thanks Dan. I am familiar with the Cuban experience but that wasn't double blind so I am thinking Dan's friend was referring to something else smile

6. Debby Bruck profile image66

Wow! Maybe people don't have to do 'double-blind' when they are completely blind. The Cuba experience demonstrated without doubt that the ONLY regions of Cuba who received homeopathic preparation reduced typical disease spread, while NOT elsewhere.

7. profile image0

Sorry, but "the rest of the country" is not a control group. The Bracho study is methodologically flawed and reaches dubious conclusions from a questionable premise. Which is why it's in a homeopathy journal, not a scientific one.

8. Debby Bruck profile image66

I suppose we will find out the results of upcoming data collection, as the Cuban government has decided to repeat and expand the dissemination of homeopathic remedies as prevention of infectious contagious disease during future post hurricane events.

9. Dan Barfield profile image73

Couldn't get through to my friend but the article on this page gives good info: http://www.homeopathic.com/Articles/Hom … icine.html

10. profile image52

You guys will continue with your arguments about "double blind" and such, while those of us who actually experienced the remedies will help our body repair itself.  I am the type who needs to see actual proof in order to believe something, and I did!

19. Phil Northing profile image58
    Phil Northingposted 11 years ago

Hi Moon Daisy,

Between them, scottcgruber & swordsbane have nailed this. The scientific consensus is that there is no consistent evidence that Homeopathy provides any effective treatment over a placebo effect (see http://1.usa.gov/VuBYJy for example).

Another fundamental problem is that there is no logical mechanism for how it works! See the The Physics of Homeopathy section in this article (www.colorado.edu/philosophy/vstenger/Me … omeop.html) for a discussion of how the laws of Physics get in the way of putative mechanisms.

Many pro-homeopathy commentators seem to come up with stuff about energy etc - see Debby Bruck below for an example "Certainly potentized remedies transfer the essential energies into the water molecules enabling organisms to heal." Question is what does this actually mean, exactly? I certainly couldn't tell you and I wouldn't be surprised if Debby struggled to pin down exactly what this meant and how it actually worked.

Unfortunately I would put Homeopathy in the box marked "sounds too good to be true"...

Well, the proof still is in the pudding. If it does the job and helps, then it is valid and it really doesn't matter what you call it. Placebos are highly effective and the fact that we have them in us doesn't invalidate this.

2. Phil Northing profile image58
      Phil Northingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The placebo effect is not fully understood, but to say it is highly effective somewhat overstates it. Why rely on this when you can visit your doctor and get a treatment with proven efficacy? Homeopathy is risky if relied upon for serious illness.

3. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

Don't know when you took your last conventional drug, but have you ever looked at the list of side effects? There's one of the arguments for placebos or homeopathy, no side effects. And with homeopathy, high efficiency (no belief required).

4. swordsbane profile image60

Nothing wrong with using the placebo effect, but it is a very different (and dangerous) thing to say "Homeopathy works.. Don't rely on standard medicine."  The placebo effect IS standard medicine, and it works.  Homeopathy isn't... and doesn't.

Well, if you ask people who actually use it, they WILL tell you, it does! Sorry, it just does, can't change that! Too many experiences with too many different people AND animals, can't negate it.

6. swordsbane profile image60

Homeopathy APPEARS to work BECAUSE of the placebo effect.  Chewing leather would have the same effect if  generated the same convictions in patients.

7. profile image0

The plural of anecdotes is not data. It doesn't matter how many people claim to have been cured by magic sugar pills. Homeopathy fails in double-blind clinical testing. That is the real truth.

8. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

It's quite humorous to see how stuck the opponents of it are, no life experience can't help here. The funny thing about it is that, as I've written repeatedly here, the choice of the correct remedy IS crucial, which makes the placebo argument bogus.

9. swordsbane profile image60

Dorothee-Gy: It doesn't make the "placebo argument" bogus at all. It's like saying the Sun is going around the Earth and based on what we see from Earth, it couldn't happen any other way.  I suggest you read up on the placebo effect.

10. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

I know enough about the placebo effect that I'm aware that it is based on a strong belief in the recipient that he receives a valid remedy. But even if you believe in it, if you have the wrong remedy, it doesn't work.

11. swordsbane profile image60

Um.. .no.  The placebo effect is a medical principle that says that sometimes when you believe you are being given medicine, your body behaves as if it is, even if it's not.  It's extremely unreliable and rather rare.  This is how Homeopathy "works"

12. Dorothee-Gy profile image64

According to a meta-analysis in 1991 of 25 years of clinical studies using homeopathic remedies, 81 from 107 controlled trials showed that homeopathic remedies were effective, so I'd say there's more than just placebo effect at work....

13. swordsbane profile image60

Please provide the study name and the name of the head researcher.  You'd be surprised how many times people cite studies to me that turn out to be bogus.  Just because someone said it's a "study" doesn't make it legitimate research.

14. profile image52

Cat & paralysis tick. Paralysis of limbs, laboured breathing, choking as airways constricted. Homeopathic remedy given 3x over 30mins. Breathing eased, choking ceased, cat able to move. Full mobility restored next day. Placebo effect? Not convinc

15. Dan Barfield profile image73

The placebo effect can't be relied on for everyone unfortunately - for the 30% of the population unresponsive to the power of suggestion (the hypnotist's nemesis) this will not work. Psychosomatic healing processes require susceptability to sugestion

20. pradiiphira profile image70
    pradiiphiraposted 11 years ago

hello,
    yes Homeopath works, but as a ayurveda doctor i can't understand how it works,
    but i know that it works,.....!!!

I guess that is the main problem with it, it is just very hard to explain how something that shouldn't be in there any more can have any effect. But as you say, it works anyhow, and that's what matters!

21. profile image49
    Akif Mansoorposted 11 years ago

Homeopathy does work, at times more effectively than allopathy. It is more effective in case of infections, kidney related problems and neural problems. Good thing about homeopathy is that in this type of treatment the medicines trigger your body's immunity to fight the disease instead of medincines fighting the symptoms as does allopathic medicines ( hence no side effects on other body parts).
    Homeopathic treatments take some time in showing results because of the way dese medicines work. Instead of directly fighting symptoms and suppressing them, homeo medicines develop body's immunity which then fight on its own against the disease and cure the disease from its roots.
    Sometimes patients feel aggravation in their symptoms when they start using homeo medicines. This is not alarming, instead its an indication that medicines are working, body would develop its own immunity in the next step and would fight the disease on its own.

22. starstream profile image41
    starstreamposted 11 years ago

Yes, I believe it works for many people.  I am a believer in herbal remedies instead of artificial chemicals.  Please read these answers. There are some interesting findings here.  Having options and choices to heal without causing imbalance to our body systems is important.

23. Elderberry Arts profile image92
    Elderberry Artsposted 11 years ago

I believe it works as it has worked for me, my children and also I used it to cure a persistent skin problem my dog had. My son took a homoeopathic remedy when he was young for his adhd and without even knowing he was taking it school commented on how much his behaviour had improved.

24. profile image55
    Jerryjarposted 11 years ago

I believe it works as it has worked for me, my children and also I used it to cure a persistent skin problem my dog had. My son took a homoeopathic remedy when he was young for his adhd and without even knowing he was taking it school commented on how much his behaviour had improved.

25. Samith Jhon profile image59
    Samith Jhonposted 11 years ago

I think that it really does work the few times that I actually used it.  I just used an earache medicine  and it helped within a day or two.  I would definitely try it again.

26. papiyajana profile image61
    papiyajanaposted 11 years ago

Yes I believe it but medicine should be genuine.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)