jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do I need to know about epidurals and narcotic pain medications administere

1. Eldritch Elegy profile image60
    Eldritch Elegyposted 9 years ago

What do I need to know about epidurals and narcotic pain medications administered during labor?

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years ago

There are many styles of childbirth in America and the world and choices to be made -- Pain controlling medications may or may not be your best choice. read more

3. negacrowbar profile image50
    negacrowbarposted 8 years ago

My girlfriend went into labor and decided at first to skip any pain medication....

Eventually the pain got worse (as expected) and she asked for something even an epidural, but the doctors said it ws too late for that option.

If you do think you can't handle the pain, then get the epidural becuase later on you will have no option and the pain might be too much.

4. profile image48
    Whiteiris42posted 8 years ago

There is a huge difference between narcotic pain medications and an epidural. Epidurals are localized, and there is an awful lot of research and testing done on the subject. Look into it fully, and if you think it is the thing for you, don't let others talk you out of it with bunk science.

working