jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why Do Children Suffer From Colic And What Should You Do If Your Baby Has Colic?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Why Do Children Suffer From Colic And What Should You Do If Your Baby Has Colic?

2. chicotito1 profile image52
    chicotito1posted 8 years ago

Many years ago I heard my mother's friend Ruth telling us that she gave her baby a little bit of anis tea. Anis expells gas as does fennel and may work well. If colic is an on going problem it could be something in the mother's diet(if she is breast feeding) or something in the baby's diet that is causing it.

If you go to this website: www.sueatsmartmomsnetwork.com and click on the "Meet Dr. George" button on top you will come to the biography page of Dr. George Wootan MD. Click the health talks link under his photo and you will be taken to a site where you can listen for free to an audio lecture on children's health. In this lecture, Dr. George (a holistic MD)addresses the subject of colic,with some tips which are more complex than can be answered here. Hope this is helpful. - Susan

3. gusripper profile image35
    gusripperposted 8 years ago

it is small problem and exists till the baby be 4 months old-the only thing you can do is keep it on your knees while you are sitting and his face look on the ground its a nice trick so the pain is less

4. profile image42
    daym1posted 8 years ago

Colic could be caused by a number of reasons.  Many babies swallow air.  I have a tried and true fix for colic.  I gave it to my babies and it stopped it right away.  I bought a bag of manzanilla flowers in the Mexican section of the store.  I would take some in a teaspoon and make tea out of it.  Then I would put some in a small bottle and add some water.  The babies love it and they quiet down right away.  It is amazing.  The manzanilla is chamomile but I don't know if you could use chamomile tea or not.  I just know that the manzanilla flower is a miracle worker!

working