jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How to cook healthy without your family know it

1. RGraf profile image93
    RGrafposted 8 years ago

How to cook healthy without your family know it

2. lurchthing profile image55
    lurchthingposted 8 years ago

well the use of more spices means you can cut the salt
    and ask your family to taste the food first before adding salt(most people add salt out of habit)also try to stay away from frying use your broiler(the fat drips off so the meat is not laying in fat)

3. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 8 years ago

When I came across a hub request by RGraf on "How to Cook Healthy Without Your Family Knowing About It," I had to smile because I am faced with this challenge while cooking, so had to answer this request. I admit I took my time in finishing the hub,... read more

4. shirleybill profile image54
    shirleybillposted 8 years ago

Use vegetable oil, rather than grease in your cooking, is a good step toward healthier cooking.
    You may also want to make some stir frys, which uses vegetables along with the meat. I think more people will eat a stir fry, and actually eat more vegetables, than they would ordinarily.
    Try adding more vegetables to your cooking. Add fruits as a desert instead of cakes and pies.

5. aidenofthetower profile image81
    aidenofthetowerposted 8 years ago

Somewhere along the line the rumor got out that eating healthy meant that it either had to have no flavor or it had to taste disgusting. The good news is that neither of these situations are true. You can have a meal that tastes great, looks... read more

6. Eaglswin profile image51
    Eaglswinposted 8 years ago

Hi, I encourage that you try eating RAW! Fruits and Vegetables are more satisfying and healthier. There are several websites you can go to about eating RAW once you try it for a couple of weeks you'll notice a significant change in your families health.

7. BarbH918 profile image59
    BarbH918posted 8 years ago

Of course! I make a great meatloaf that has spinach, oatmeal, zucchini and carrots in it. They have no clue - they love it. Also, I've replaced regular pasta with whole wheat. When it has sauce on it - you can't tell.

8. MikeNV profile image79
    MikeNVposted 8 years ago

You are implying that cooking healthy doesn't taste good and you don't value educating your family.  This makes no sense.  You want your family to eat junk?

working