jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you think Diet Pills are the correct answer for obesity?

1. Jenz T profile image60
    Jenz Tposted 8 years ago

Do you think Diet Pills are the correct answer for obesity?

2. profile image0
    TypingTornadoposted 8 years ago

people are obese typically due to two factors -- what (and how much) they eat -- balanced by how very little they do.  please note i said "typically."  it is a rare, rare obese individual who is not gluttonous and/or lazy.

3. niklasgrp profile image55
    niklasgrpposted 8 years ago

Natural diet is the correct answer for obesity.

4. Caryl Oliver profile image57
    Caryl Oliverposted 8 years ago

If you are one of the very few with a genuine medical obesity problem them your doctor, not diet pills will help you.  If you are just overweight - as I was, then good diet and exercise is the only way to go.  Change habits over time, no quick fixes - I lost 15 kilos in 12 months and it has stayed off..

5. HealthFreak2009 profile image58
    HealthFreak2009posted 8 years ago

Weight loss supplements can be part of the answer.  I believe natural supplements combined with exercise and healthy diet will help most people.  Whether you use diet pills prescribed by a doctor or non-prescription supplements, you won't get results if you keep eating the wrong foods and not exercising.

If you choose to go with prescription diet pills, beware of the potential side effects.  They can be worse than being overweight.

6. hublim profile image79
    hublimposted 8 years ago

To be honest... No.
    I do not believe there are any quick fixes or miracle cures for being overweight. Changing your attitude to food, what you are eating and exercising more will allow you to sustain your weight loss.
    You need to make a conscious decision to change your life for the better.
    I would encourage improving your diet before turning to diet pills.

7. BarbH918 profile image59
    BarbH918posted 8 years ago

Never. Ever. The only way to lose weight is to get your head in the game. Commit. Eat healthy, drink water and get off the couch. If you're "morbidly obese" consult a doctor to do it. Putting pills in your mouth and altering your body chemistry is not the answer. I've made a commitment to myself and I've lost 40 lbs. I'm still losing. I will never be heavy again.

8. profile image44
    marlonbbposted 8 years ago

Yes, diet pills like phentramin-d are indeed the only visible solution to one's obesity problems. But of course you gotta do exercise to burn down your existing fats in your body.http://p.gs/7p75d

9. topgunjager profile image59
    topgunjagerposted 8 years ago

obesity is a choice that we make, you may not choose to be obese but you choose the food that you eat and the lifestyle that you maintain. no need for dangerous drugs because it doesn't cure your decision making abilities, you need lots of control and lots of respect for your body by limiting the amount of food you take and performing the exercise your body needs. i've been in that path and all i had to say everytime i feel the need to eat is say no and enforce it.

10. june of ages profile image56
    june of agesposted 8 years ago

No.  Although some form of medication under the strict supervision of a doctor may help.  Some drug like Orlistat.  Obese people need support, medical attention and information about dieting and healthy lifestyles

11. profile image45
    caseygalvanposted 8 years ago

I have been taking phentermine and it seems to be working pretty well aside from the cost. They will increase energy, which I needed because I was always feeling tired. I believe that if you want to lose weight that this will help. And contradictary to popular belief all of those who are over weight do not just sit around and stuff their face. Some people just have a naturally slow metabolism!!!! I have never been a big eater but I kept gaining weight and no matter what I did I could not lose any of it, but the phentermine helped alot.