jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How many people do you know that have chronic back pain or stiffness?

1. OCphysique profile image34
    OCphysiqueposted 8 years ago

How many people do you know that have chronic back pain or stiffness?

2. shirleybill profile image56
    shirleybillposted 8 years ago

I don't really know of too many people, that don't suffer from some type of back pain and/or stiffness. Taking two ibuprofen, will usually help out.
    A better solution, is the pain patches, which can be purchased for a couple of dollars, and has a lot of the patches in there. Most times, you can wear them, without them even being noticed.

3. profile image42
    adrenal fatigueposted 8 years ago

litterally thousands. I am a chiropractor practicing for 6 years.

4. smilefreely profile image60
    smilefreelyposted 8 years ago

I know several people who have chronic pain and are taking strong medications just to function on a daily basis.  Do you have any suggestions?  Yeah, well most of the people I am talking about have tried everything except surgery because, it won't cure it.  It is just a temporary fix.  I am open to hearing what others have to say as I live in pain all the time.

5. Pure Chiropractic profile image60
    Pure Chiropracticposted 7 years ago

Quite a few.  I'm a chiropractor!  The ibupofen and other meds don't correct the problem, they just cover the symptoms (and damage the liver, kidneys and digestive system in the process).  See a good chiropractor and they should be able to help!

6. massagehomestudy profile image55
    massagehomestudyposted 7 years ago

I would suggest two types of massage.  An indian head massage, will help to relieve tension in the muscles of the upper back and neck.  An indian head massage is lovely and relaxing, but if the upper back pain is serious then a sports massage were the masseur uses neuro muscular technique to release trigger points in the muscles. Then uses soft tissue release to lengthen the muscles and finally uses PNF stretching to increase mobility is better.  The sports massage is more painful but produces quicker results

7. naturalpainrelief profile image61
    naturalpainreliefposted 7 years ago

I know of a number of people. Most notably my mom who has MS and my grandfather who has arthritis.

8. Pamela Sarzana profile image59
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 6 years ago

I do, (Degenerative Discs) weight gain and smoking  will make it worse. Allot of pain and muscle spasms on and off since i was about 28. I end up in bed sometimes for a week or more. The only real relief is to go to the Chiropractor when it flares up.

working